Arizona State University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arizona State University Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Arizona State University

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

Meeting first with the faculty of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry (now school of molecular sciences) and then individual faculty members with research areas of interest to me. Many students are accepted for rotation schedules; in some cases like mine you may be directly accepted into a lab.

Interview Questions

• What techniques for purification and characterization for nucleic acids and proteins do you have experience with?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Arizona State University

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview took place after I applied for my PhD through the application portal. My advisor asked me questions relevant to my research interests, what technical skills I had and how would my previous degree help me contribute to my research area.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to do a PhD? What are your research interests?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University in April 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by one of the research fellows in the lab. He asked me a few questions on my ongoing research projects. He introduced the work the lab has been doing. Quite comfortable interview. I asked him a few questions, and that's it.

Interview Questions

• Introduce your background, and the projects you have been working on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Mesa, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Asked general questions about the position and asked to explain the previous projects I have worked on. Friendly interview and I received the offer in a week and joining was the next week.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Did well in a professors class to get the job. To be exact I got an 'A' in his class. The professor usual expects the student who wants to work in his research project to do well in his class. Apparently the subject is hectic but not difficult.

Interview Questions

• How good are you with java technology?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arizona State University in February 2014.

Interview

Sent application with essay. Had a phone interview. In person interview with professor 2 weeks later. Tour of facility and laboratory. Second interview with professors as we talked about research. Then wait while they interview other candidates. Finally, got an email with offer.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

Simple interview, I felt real good about it. They asked me all the questions they had on the paper and wrote everything i said down. They were very nice but i try not to look at that because nice doesn't mean you have the job. As of now, I'm waiting on a response and its almost been a week. I'll update if something changes and/or if i get the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Degree

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

1 day of interview with 4 faculty members related to your field of research. Mostly just hanging out with the professors and talking about what you like to do, what you liked about what you did and research related stuff. Interviewers usually have 30 minutes each. All of my interviewers were nice

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly pertained to my past research experience and future aspirations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

an email with the prof, and good GRe score that is all it takes to get the research assistanship position . Personal statement didnt really matter, i had to spend several days what a waste of time

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in February 2011.

Interview

Behavior questions and asked about your research background. First it was a one-on-one phone call from the program chair, then it was follow by an on-site interview. The job offer came after 1 months of the on-site interview. Overall, the experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go to graduate school? What drives your passion for research?   Answer Question