Arizona State University Graduate Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arizona State University Graduate Research Associate Interview Questions

2.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

They flew me out for an on-campus visit. The interview(s) consisted of casual meetings with most of the faculty and some time spent with other graduate students. I'm not sure if it was valuable to put candidates through a gauntlet-style round of 30-minute conversations covering many of the same topics when these could have been done as small group meetings, affording the time for more substantive discussions and experience on campus.

Interview Questions

• Typically asked very basic things about my area of research interest, interest in ASU, interest in pursuing graduate research.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Arizona State University

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

This was just a phone screen. So the first part was the introduction of the profile and work the team does. Then the interviewers went in to say that it is going to be theoretical ones. All the questions were about the solid mechanics, dynamics, and materials science. They were very nice.

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

I applied online as many advanced educated Chinese back in China. There is no interview at all. We submitted a package of material including CV, personal statement, transcripts, certificate, GRE score report, TOEFL score report, etc.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked, just waiting waiting and waiting. The difficulty is ASU is not as I expected from a US research university.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

My boss called me, asked me about my research experience. I just describe how I will process a project. He also asked me about my recent paper. How do I come up with ideas? Where do I find research tools? After couple days he called again said I ranked the first, if I decided to sign the offer, he will hire me. Then he emailed me the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am not able to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email asking for preferred date for phone interview after one month. I had the phone interview and received the offer. The whole process was easy overall.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty smooth and efficient. I knew I was a good fit for the position and the interviewer also knew that. It lasted about half an hour and I got the job offer in couple days.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in August 2010.

Interview

The process was good, professor ask about my interest in the filed, why do i want to a do a PhD in bioinformatics etc, my btech was in CS, so mainly he was more interested in knowing why am i changing the field. Then he asked me if i had any questions, i just asked him about his latest projects , grants and type of work they are doing.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, salary of graduates student are generally fixed.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

Extremely hectic schedule, 7 interviews (30 minutes, each) with renowned Faculty/Scientists. Its a good idea to read professional interests of interviewers prior to the interview day if possible so as to have interesting scientific conversations with them. Most interviewers were laid-back realizing candidates might be nervous, and were kind enough to provide a decent introduction of their areas of interest. It's always a good idea to have a couple questions ready per interviewer in advance.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to interview with me?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Interview

Since this is a research lab. The interview process is not critical. The professor ask about basic design knowledge and coding experience. Also good academic background ease your process.