Arizona State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.8

Program Coordinator, Entrepreneurship Design Thinking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Process: 20 minute phone interview (4 people on the call, very rushed), and 2 hour in-person interview w/ a challenge and presentation to the 4 person review team

Result: After personally emailing me to set up the interviews, the hiring manager was unresponsive to follow-up emails after the second interview. Two weeks after interviewing, I received an automated do-not-reply email letting me know I would not be moving forward. Disappointing follow-up after a time intensive interview process.

OFFICE SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Contacted me with an interview invitation around three weeks after close. Interview lasted approximately 30 mins.

Fairly relaxed interview in which I was asked around 7-9 behavioral questions relating to the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have dealt with a problem at work.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

This was just a phone screen. So the first part was the introduction of the profile and work the team does. Then the interviewers went in to say that it is going to be theoretical ones. All the questions were about the solid mechanics, dynamics, and materials science. They were very nice.

International Admission Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

I had the interview on Skype. There were four people interviewed me. They had a list of questions. pretty much about your work experience and how you can handle customers. And they let me prepared a presentation before the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel if you get disturbed during work ?
      How do you handle pissed off people?
      how do you do if this work not within your ability?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied online, received an email one week later to schedule a phone interview which took place a few days later. Phone interview was a panel interview where I struggled to hear over their speaker phone. All participants were polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• Panel phone interview.

What are the challenges faces by a Business Analyst and what strengths do you have to meet those challenges.

What do you like best about the Agile method.

What is the difference between a functional and non functional requirement and give examples.

...

Mostly generic technical questions continued.

Ended interview early as I felt this position was not what I was looking for.

Creative Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

After working in an open agency environment, the complete lack of personality and warmth from the individuals who made up the group interview was distracting, one individual spent a chunk of the interview reading emails on his phone. Every interaction was scripted and the smiles in the room were quick to disappear. There were some additional questions, but only to clarify statements made. Had high hopes for this one, but sadly this is not what I would consider to be a friendly and creative environment.

Interview Questions

• Round-robin format, mainly questions pertaining directly to the skills needed for the position, i.e. 'Explain how you would x', 'What do you consider success?'   Answer Question

Director of Auxiliary Business Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had an initial interview with a recruiter. I had to complete three essay questions to make it through the gate to get an interview with the hiring manager at ASU. The hiring manager was a VP at ASU. She had her asst. call, at the very last minute, to postponed my 1st interview. We rescheduled and then she was 15 minutes for a 30 minute call. It was very obvious to me that this VP had already decided who she wanted in the position and was just quickly going through the exercise of speaking to candidates from the recruiter - so that all would seem "fair".

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 positive adjectives and 3 negative adjectives that your customers would use to describe you -- and 3 positive adjectives and 3 negative adjectives that your current boss would use to describe you.   Answer Question

Instructional Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, it took several weeks before I was contacted. First had a 15 minute phone screen with the manager of the department and a member of the leadership team. This was a pretty straightforward conversation, nothing difficult. I was contacted for an in person interview; there were three interviewers. The interview was a little erratic. There was supposed to be a series of questions with each interviewer taking a turn, but they suddenly began bouncing back and forth, interrupting each other to ask different questions, and going back and forth with new questions that were not on the list and then returning back to old ones that I previously answered. It made it hard to keep cohesive thoughts together and remember to address all of the components of the initial questions that were posed. The interview also went off topic to areas that didn't involve my personal skill set, so this was challenging to navigate and made it harder to return back to what I personally had to offer. The disorganized nature left me unable to present my qualifications properly, and I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Various - Why ASU? What do you see as your ultimate career goal/position down the line and how does this job help you get there? What was the most difficult job you ever had? etc.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Recruiting and applications are submitted online and do not require a doctorate to interpret. If your application is selected, you are contacted for a phone interview. There is a second round in person interview with four people on the panel. Although the process takes some time, it is fairly straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Why ASU?
      Give us an overview of your strengths and how your experience on your resume demonstrates your strengths.
      Tell us about how you gain buy in and trust with leaders.
      What was your favorite project, what was it about, and why was it your favorite?
      Why are you interested in this position?
      Tell us about a time that you worked on a team to solve a problem.
      Tell us about a mistake you made and how you rectified it.
      Why did you leave your last employer?
      How do you express your creativity at work?

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of computing scientific calculations by showing work, laboratory safety, laboratory concepts, and theoretical scientific questions that were associated with the lab group. The PI asked the majority of the questions. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. Be honest if you do not have experience with certain concepts or laboratory methods while answering the questions. However, be prepared to know the theoretical concepts that the lab group expects you to know by reading literature from relevant lab group studies that were conduced by the PI.

Interview Questions

• How do you protect yourself from rodents in the laboratory?
      What is ELISA?
      How is SDS page used?
      What is PCR?
      What is Antibody A and Antibody B?
      What is your experience with rodents?
      What are the differences between a healthy versus an Alzheimer's Disease brain image?
      What are transgenic rodents?