Arizona State University Assistant Professor - CLAS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arizona State University Assistant Professor - CLAS Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Assistant Professor - CLAS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

Typical application for academic positions - writing sample / article, CV, cover letter, teaching statement. INterivew was one research presentation to the department faculty. Meetings with Dean, Research center head, Chair / Assistant Chair, and panel interview with hiring committee. There were "office hours" to meet with faculty as they dropped in. Meeting rooms and faculty offices were pretty sad really. Furniture was nice in the offices but spaces small, technology dated and building frankly tired. Faculty were energetic, hardworking and eager graduate students were a breath of fresh air with lots of activities going on.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard negatively about our unit / university?   1 Answer
  • what would it take to get you here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple. Got budget from the library for my unit and benchmarked myself. The Chair asked "what would it take to get me here?" and I presented the parameters.