Arizona State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.5

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

After applying online I received a phone interview. It was an hour long conversation with the hiring manger and one of the other departments managers. The conversation was a "getting to know you", tell me about you. We discussed the job requirements.

The in-person interview was onsite at one of the ASU facilities. There was a panel of personal from the department the position would work with. The asked very detailed questions about the Salesforce application and my experience with the different clouds and business processes.

Student Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Typical interview with the management team. The only difference was after that we had a forum with 5 students involved in leadership roles throughout the college. I thought this was a unique but fun feature as working with students made it a bit more relaxing. Also it allowed me to get to know some of the students I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What type of innovation would you bring to this position?   1 Answer

Instructional Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, it took several weeks before I was contacted. First had a 15 minute phone screen with the manager of the department and a member of the leadership team. This was a pretty straightforward conversation, nothing difficult. I was contacted for an in person interview; there were three interviewers. The interview was a little erratic. There was supposed to be a series of questions with each interviewer taking a turn, but they suddenly began bouncing back and forth, interrupting each other to ask different questions, and going back and forth with new questions that were not on the list and then returning back to old ones that I previously answered. It made it hard to keep cohesive thoughts together and remember to address all of the components of the initial questions that were posed. The interview also went off topic to areas that didn't involve my personal skill set, so this was challenging to navigate and made it harder to return back to what I personally had to offer. The disorganized nature left me unable to present my qualifications properly, and I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Various - Why ASU? What do you see as your ultimate career goal/position down the line and how does this job help you get there? What was the most difficult job you ever had? etc.   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of computing scientific calculations by showing work, laboratory safety, laboratory concepts, and theoretical scientific questions that were associated with the lab group. The PI asked the majority of the questions. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. Be honest if you do not have experience with certain concepts or laboratory methods while answering the questions. However, be prepared to know the theoretical concepts that the lab group expects you to know by reading literature from relevant lab group studies that were conduced by the PI.

Interview Questions

• How do you protect yourself from rodents in the laboratory?
      What is ELISA?
      How is SDS page used?
      What is PCR?
      What is Antibody A and Antibody B?
      What is your experience with rodents?
      What are the differences between a healthy versus an Alzheimer's Disease brain image?
      What are transgenic rodents?
      Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

Simple interview, I felt real good about it. They asked me all the questions they had on the paper and wrote everything i said down. They were very nice but i try not to look at that because nice doesn't mean you have the job. As of now, I'm waiting on a response and its almost been a week. I'll update if something changes and/or if i get the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Degree

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I had to write a letter to parents and family for my classroom, give a demonstration lesson in front of middle school students, then sit in a panel interview with at least 5 administrators.

Any Postion Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

It was a panel asking me different questions about me and what I could bring to the table. I didn't have any experience and they asked how I could use my personal or work experiences to help me be and asset to the company.

Interview Questions

• What difficult circumstance have I over come and how did I overcome it.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

Multiple panel interviews, presentations and a written strategic plan. The process was cumbersome and didn't feel that the questions accurately reflected the priorities for the role or gave insights into the office culture.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

About a 2-3 hour process, had a phone screening which was about 30 minutes, invited back to assess skills using the computer and their website, then the director and HR interviewed me and then I went to meet the team I would be working with and gave them a 3 minute presentation.

Interview Questions

• What was a strength and weakness my manager put on my last yearly review?   Answer Question

PhD Applications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

There are no interviews for a PhD position. You would just have to apply online and email faculty of your interest. Later if you get admitted then you can email them again letting them know that you have made it.