Arizona State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arizona State University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.5

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

This was just a phone screen. So the first part was the introduction of the profile and work the team does. Then the interviewers went in to say that it is going to be theoretical ones. All the questions were about the solid mechanics, dynamics, and materials science. They were very nice.

International Admission Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

I had the interview on Skype. There were four people interviewed me. They had a list of questions. pretty much about your work experience and how you can handle customers. And they let me prepared a presentation before the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel if you get disturbed during work ?
      How do you handle pissed off people?
      how do you do if this work not within your ability?

Health Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Typical, two hour long skype interview. Included stakeholder interview, a brief presentation on consent/healthy relationships, etc. then a talk with the student undergraduate workers. Was fairly easy, but did require some research

Interview Questions

• How would you approach creating a program you're not familiar with?   Answer Question

Police Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

There is a 1.5 mile running/walking test, a multiple choice test based on video scenarios and a panel interview. There is also a background check, drug test and polygraph test.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

First interview was with the hiring manager. Second interview was with several co-workers. Asked how I would deal with a number of challenging scenarios. They asked numerous Behavioral questions ("Tell me about a time when..").

Interview Questions

• What do you want in this job that you didn't have in your last job?   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online on the HR webpage. I didn't hear back from the position for a month or so. After that I did a in person interview after getting a phone call.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

She was very friendly, she was talking about herself and her research most of the time. I displayed a level of familiarity with the concepts she was talking about and the research being done in her facility which smoothed the process. The interview was very brief, about 30 to 40 minutes total.

Interview Questions

• What is a biomarker?
      What do you know about statistics?
      What programming platforms are you comfortable with?
      What are your research interests?

Student Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Typical interview with the management team. The only difference was after that we had a forum with 5 students involved in leadership roles throughout the college. I thought this was a unique but fun feature as working with students made it a bit more relaxing. Also it allowed me to get to know some of the students I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What type of innovation would you bring to this position?   1 Answer

Student Worker IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview, in which I was asked behavioral questions. This was followed by a technical interview in which I had to conceptually put together an application for streaming data from sensors to a dashboard.

Interview Questions

• How would you capture real-time information like decibel levels, temperature etc. from sensors and display them on a dashboard.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied online, received an email one week later to schedule a phone interview which took place a few days later. Phone interview was a panel interview where I struggled to hear over their speaker phone. All participants were polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• Panel phone interview.

What are the challenges faces by a Business Analyst and what strengths do you have to meet those challenges.

What do you like best about the Agile method.

What is the difference between a functional and non functional requirement and give examples.

...

Mostly generic technical questions continued.

Ended interview early as I felt this position was not what I was looking for.