Arizona State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.5

Program Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

It was one single interview, they ask you about your experience and few technical aspects of work.

It all depend upon the system, there would be a resume screening which is very important to be cleared, once you clear that there is not much off an issue for getting a job. You will end up getting the job, provided you know everything they ask for and do respond with the answers that they want.

Interview Questions

• What are all the issues that you faced in share point?.   1 Answer

Student Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two of the hiring managers. Very friendly. Made one feel at ease. Gave positive review after the interview. Got back with offer in a day.
    P.S: 30 words for this review is too much.

Instructional Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, it took several weeks before I was contacted. First had a 15 minute phone screen with the manager of the department and a member of the leadership team. This was a pretty straightforward conversation, nothing difficult. I was contacted for an in person interview; there were three interviewers. The interview was a little erratic. There was supposed to be a series of questions with each interviewer taking a turn, but they suddenly began bouncing back and forth, interrupting each other to ask different questions, and going back and forth with new questions that were not on the list and then returning back to old ones that I previously answered. It made it hard to keep cohesive thoughts together and remember to address all of the components of the initial questions that were posed. The interview also went off topic to areas that didn't involve my personal skill set, so this was challenging to navigate and made it harder to return back to what I personally had to offer. The disorganized nature left me unable to present my qualifications properly, and I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Various - Why ASU? What do you see as your ultimate career goal/position down the line and how does this job help you get there? What was the most difficult job you ever had? etc.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Recruiting and applications are submitted online and do not require a doctorate to interpret. If your application is selected, you are contacted for a phone interview. There is a second round in person interview with four people on the panel. Although the process takes some time, it is fairly straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Why ASU?
      Give us an overview of your strengths and how your experience on your resume demonstrates your strengths.
      Tell us about how you gain buy in and trust with leaders.
      What was your favorite project, what was it about, and why was it your favorite?
      Why are you interested in this position?
      Tell us about a time that you worked on a team to solve a problem.
      Tell us about a mistake you made and how you rectified it.
      Why did you leave your last employer?
      How do you express your creativity at work?
      Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone and in-office interview process with three managers; project manager, business analyst, CIO. Everyone was very nice. Some questions were stated in a confusing manner which didn't help me answer clearly.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding strengths, weaknesses, areas for improvement, and difficulties in the past.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Clear roles and responsibilities. Telephonic interview (manager round). Face to face interview ( 3 managers , team lead). they were polite. Asked about previous work experience. Matched up with skills expected. Closing tickets , creating tickets etc.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle different customers. are you comfortable providing service via calls, chats,email?   Answer Question

Student Worker III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

I found out about the job opening from my academic adviser. I applied for the job through ASU's HR website, which involved uploading your resume, cover letter, as well as entering your work history, and references in the HR website.

I was contacted to schedule for an interview within a week. The interview was conducted by a Systems Analyst and his manager.

After the interview, I was given a job offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would troubleshoot network printing issues.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you had to deal with an angry customer, and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

I declined due to a summer school workload that was more than what I had anticipated.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Basic questions regarding the position and the technical skills required for the position. A panel of three interviewed me. The interview lasted for about 20minutes. I was asked close to 10 questions.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in working as Office Assistant   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Filled out online application including downloading resume and cover letter. Got an email to set up a time for an interview and was asked a few questions on my past experience, past roles as a leader, etc.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me a time when you showed leadership in a past position?   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

phone screening, panel interview mostly about experience and behavior questions.ASU is the largest public university by enrollment in the U.S.[12] It had approximately 82,060 students enrolled in 2014, including 66,309 undergraduate and 15,751 graduate students