Arizona State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.5

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Recruiting and applications are submitted online and do not require a doctorate to interpret. If your application is selected, you are contacted for a phone interview. There is a second round in person interview with four people on the panel. Although the process takes some time, it is fairly straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Why ASU?
      Give us an overview of your strengths and how your experience on your resume demonstrates your strengths.
      Tell us about how you gain buy in and trust with leaders.
      What was your favorite project, what was it about, and why was it your favorite?
      Why are you interested in this position?
      Tell us about a time that you worked on a team to solve a problem.
      Tell us about a mistake you made and how you rectified it.
      Why did you leave your last employer?
      How do you express your creativity at work?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone and in-office interview process with three managers; project manager, business analyst, CIO. Everyone was very nice. Some questions were stated in a confusing manner which didn't help me answer clearly.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding strengths, weaknesses, areas for improvement, and difficulties in the past.   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Clear roles and responsibilities. Telephonic interview (manager round). Face to face interview ( 3 managers , team lead). they were polite. Asked about previous work experience. Matched up with skills expected. Closing tickets , creating tickets etc.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle different customers. are you comfortable providing service via calls, chats,email?   Answer Question

Student Worker III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

I found out about the job opening from my academic adviser. I applied for the job through ASU's HR website, which involved uploading your resume, cover letter, as well as entering your work history, and references in the HR website.

I was contacted to schedule for an interview within a week. The interview was conducted by a Systems Analyst and his manager.

After the interview, I was given a job offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would troubleshoot network printing issues.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you had to deal with an angry customer, and how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

I declined due to a summer school workload that was more than what I had anticipated.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Basic questions regarding the position and the technical skills required for the position. A panel of three interviewed me. The interview lasted for about 20minutes. I was asked close to 10 questions.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in working as Office Assistant   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Filled out online application including downloading resume and cover letter. Got an email to set up a time for an interview and was asked a few questions on my past experience, past roles as a leader, etc.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me a time when you showed leadership in a past position?   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

phone screening, panel interview mostly about experience and behavior questions.ASU is the largest public university by enrollment in the U.S.[12] It had approximately 82,060 students enrolled in 2014, including 66,309 undergraduate and 15,751 graduate students

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

It was pretty basic with simple questions. They asked about the impacts of altitude on the physical body. The people over the panel were very friendly. I didnt even have even a bit of nervousness. You dont need any preivous experience for this position.

Professional Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

First, I submitted my application online through the ASU HR portal. Then I was contacted by the person hiring in my department for a phone interview, then I was asked to come in for an in-person interview (which included a 1:1 interview and group interview). It took a few months from when I submitted my application online to when I was contacted.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of computing scientific calculations by showing work, laboratory safety, laboratory concepts, and theoretical scientific questions that were associated with the lab group. The PI asked the majority of the questions. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. Be honest if you do not have experience with certain concepts or laboratory methods while answering the questions. However, be prepared to know the theoretical concepts that the lab group expects you to know by reading literature from relevant lab group studies that were conduced by the PI.

Interview Questions

• How do you protect yourself from rodents in the laboratory?
      What is ELISA?
      How is SDS page used?
      What is PCR?
      What is Antibody A and Antibody B?
      What is your experience with rodents?
      What are the differences between a healthy versus an Alzheimer's Disease brain image?
      What are transgenic rodents?   Answer Question