Arizona State University Interview Questions in Mesa, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.2

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Mesa, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Asked general questions about the position and asked to explain the previous projects I have worked on. Friendly interview and I received the offer in a week and joining was the next week.

Fitness Weight Room Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Mesa, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

I was asked on why I like fitness, and why I applied for it. Also was asked if I knew how to perform lifts and how to spot someone. Also later on in the interview I had to demonstrate how to spot someone who is benching and squatting, and how to set up the station for those lifts.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite food?   1 Answer

Graphic Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Mesa, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position online after reading the job description and finding it was very similar in job duties to my position at the time, but paid significantly more and had more opportunities for advancement.

I put in my resume the day before and was surprised to hear back the next day. All of the other jobs I'd applied to at ASU over the months before had taken 3-4 weeks to hear anything back from. After having applied to (6) other positions, this is the first I received a call back on, even though I was qualified (or overly qualified) for every position.

In the interview, I was contacted by the director of the department and his secretary who asked me a series of questions. I prepared for the interview for the entire week before and heavily researched the department and its goals, but upon starting the interview, it became very apparent that the listed job description was FAR from what they actually wanted. The position was actually for a web development position, of which at the time, I had no major experience in.

I feel as though I handled the questions adequately, but I told the director straight up that my strong suit wasn't web development and I'd applied to the position because the job description said it was for a graphic design position for print and some web. He told me the description used was from a template ASU uses for their positions and he didn't have time to edit it.

In other words, the interview was a complete waste of my time because the director was too busy to put in any work to put an accurate job description in the listing. VERY disappointed - and this actually happened to me TWO more times in the coming months. I've since given up on applying to positions at ASU because their job listings are misleading and interviewers unprofessional. I'd been dreaming of working for the institution I had graduated with a degree from for years, but the whole process really rubbed me the wrong way.

Interview Questions

• We see you're good at graphic design and have been working in the print industry for years, how comfortable are you with building websites? The job is about 90% web and 10% print and being able to quickly put up pages within 24 hours of meeting with clients is a large focus of the job.   1 Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Mesa, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an in-person group interview stage. Consisted of a panel of former and current professional and student staff members. Each would take turns asking the interviewee a question from the question bank and then would record the responses on a scale of 1-10 (10 being most favorable)

Interview Questions

• When faced with a difficult situation you have not encountered before, how would you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Faculty Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Mesa, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

I toured the Aviation Department at the Polytechnic Campus in May, just to see how they were set up. Later in August, out of the blue, the chair of the department contacted me and asked if I would be interested in teaching part-time for a couple of the labs. When I asked when we could schedule the interview, she said we already had...when I took the tour. Best interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• How would I work with easily distracted or apathetic students?   1 Answer

UTO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Mesa, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

It very formal interview process . With 2 interviewers and a lot of technical questions. They interviewed me on all aspects of my tech knowledge . They will make it clear in the interview if you are selected or not

Interview Questions

• What is level of expertise of windows or Mac troubleshooting   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Mesa, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

It was very easy interview process. Make sure you call back for an interview. Questions are simple. They are just looking for someone to hire and some don't stay long. Just make sure to be persistent for the position and bring something that makes you preferable as a student worker.

Interview Questions

• If you had a problem that you did not know how to solve, how would you solve it?   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Mesa, AZ) in July 2013.

Interview

Generous travel expenses for an out-of-town visit. Staff were very hospitable and lavish with details about the position and living in Tempe.

Interview Questions

Could not afford to relocate at this salary

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Mesa, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

Typical panel interview, started about 15 min late, most of the panel seemed friendly. QA started normal, almost every panel member would ask questions then the others would scribble notes. Then the questions went to the nebulous and undefined.

Interview Questions

• What if you had to get some thing done (in a undisclosed foreign country) but could not because someone was not allowing?   1 Answer
    • What if you had to hop on a plane right now and was gone 30 to 90 days?   1 Answer
    • Do you speak another language?   1 Answer