Arizona State University Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

2.5

187 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Community Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Apply online with resume, cover letter, recommendations, etc.; receive email or phone call inviting an interview; interview on mass interview day with a panel of supervisors and current employees; two-part interview including 1:1 and group activity-based interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you incorporate and understand diversity in your role when building the community?   1 Answer

Undergraduate Research Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

1. I asked a professor if I could work for him. 2. I worked on a volunteer basis while my suitability was assessed and I was trained. 3. The professor had the job posted and had me apply for it.

Interview Questions

• What is your GPA? How well do you actually know your field?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The interview stretched across three days and included a reception just for me, attended by students and faculty, hosted by a faculty member at her home. The department chair heavily hinted that I'd be hearing from him with a job offer in the near future.

Interview Questions

• What about ASU attracts you as an applicant?   1 Answer

Student Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a job online through the ASU external application website. It looked like processing couple weeks, and I got the phone notice to go with the 45 min. interview in-person at ASU SSV building.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have dealt with the problem?   Answer Question

Recitation Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

It was mostly based on my previous experiences, since I was a TA for a course like this before, they just made sure that I knew the material, and was aware of my role and the rules

Interview Questions

• The classes that I have had and my grade in them   1 Answer

Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Set up a phone interview. Typical expected questions. Then you meet with a group of interviewers and discuss specific technical questions as well as discuss the job tasks. The interview was very nice but had trouble operating the group call function.

Web Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The interview process seemed very rushed with conflicting responses. They scheduled a short phone interview, followed by an interview next day and a response a few days later which seemed to contradict the hiring process based on the response provided during the interview. The process felt very staged. I personally found it highly unprofessional.

Laboratory Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The interview process was professional and very straight forward. It lasted about 30 minutes to 1 hour. They had an initial phone interview then a secondary 1:1 face interview and finally an interview with the entire team.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in this lab?   1 Answer

Police Records Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Panel interview with 7-8 questions that could not be elaborated on and were the same for all being hired. Extensive background investigation including a polygraph. Wear a business suit, be honest on background and polygraph.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example of how you check your work for accuracy.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Skype interview based on some recommendation from a faculty from a different university to the interviewer who was a faculty at ASU. The professor wanted to make sure I have a deep understanding of the research I am doing and capable of doing research

Interview Questions

• Explain what your research paper was about. Plus more technical questions   1 Answer