Arizona State University Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.5

Laboratory Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

The interview process was professional and very straight forward. It lasted about 30 minutes to 1 hour. They had an initial phone interview then a secondary 1:1 face interview and finally an interview with the entire team.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working in this lab?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Skype interview based on some recommendation from a faculty from a different university to the interviewer who was a faculty at ASU. The professor wanted to make sure I have a deep understanding of the research I am doing and capable of doing research

Interview Questions

• Explain what your research paper was about. Plus more technical questions   1 Answer

Program Coordinator, Entrepreneurship Design Thinking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Process: 20 minute phone interview (4 people on the call, very rushed), and 2 hour in-person interview w/ a challenge and presentation to the 4 person review team

Result: After personally emailing me to set up the interviews, the hiring manager was unresponsive to follow-up emails after the second interview. Two weeks after interviewing, I received an automated do-not-reply email letting me know I would not be moving forward. Disappointing follow-up after a time intensive interview process.

OFFICE SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Contacted me with an interview invitation around three weeks after close. Interview lasted approximately 30 mins.

Fairly relaxed interview in which I was asked around 7-9 behavioral questions relating to the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have dealt with a problem at work.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, called back after a few weeks, then was called by the interviewer for scheduling and introduction. Then we met in the on campus Starbucks and spoke for roughly 45 minutes, first casual questions as he was also a student then into the more job important questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a difficult situation with a student?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Police Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

There is a 1.5 mile running/walking test, a multiple choice test based on video scenarios and a panel interview. There is also a background check, drug test and polygraph test.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online on the HR webpage. I didn't hear back from the position for a month or so. After that I did a in person interview after getting a phone call.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

She was very friendly, she was talking about herself and her research most of the time. I displayed a level of familiarity with the concepts she was talking about and the research being done in her facility which smoothed the process. The interview was very brief, about 30 to 40 minutes total.

Interview Questions

• What is a biomarker?
      What do you know about statistics?
      What programming platforms are you comfortable with?
      What are your research interests?
      Answer Question

Student Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Typical interview with the management team. The only difference was after that we had a forum with 5 students involved in leadership roles throughout the college. I thought this was a unique but fun feature as working with students made it a bit more relaxing. Also it allowed me to get to know some of the students I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What type of innovation would you bring to this position?   1 Answer

Student Worker IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview, in which I was asked behavioral questions. This was followed by a technical interview in which I had to conceptually put together an application for streaming data from sensors to a dashboard.

Interview Questions

• How would you capture real-time information like decibel levels, temperature etc. from sensors and display them on a dashboard.   Answer Question