Arizona State University Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arizona State University Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Arizona State University

2.4

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

questions regarding your background, resume.
Nothing particularly difficult.
Why interested in this research?

Other Interview Reviews for Arizona State University

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University in March 2011.

Interview

I applied for PHD and Research assistant in CSE of ASU. My mentor called me and asked for some questions from my resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

have a good CV and contact the mentor in advance.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in March 2010.

Interview

submit the resume and other information online and then got an email for interview. It was a panel interview, ans each member asked a bunch of questions. If you really do not catch some questions, then ask them what they specifically asking for.

Interview Questions

• What do you think need be changed for the current health system, if you have the power to do anything.   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with assistant to professor and answered standard interview questions including strengths and weaknesses, passions, times a mistake has been made and how fixed etc. A lot of small talk occured which was helpful for me in the process. She said she would get back to me within 2 weeks and did so to offer the job.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you made a mistake in your work and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

It is a typical hiring process in academia. You are invited for a talk followed by one-to-one meetings with senior faculties and a tour of some facilities and labs. You need to talk about your background, research interest, what research direction you want to take in the next few years and how you plan to obtain funding to support your research.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

It was a simple process. I have email my professor about my interest and he has invited me to talk one on one, then he has accepted to take me into his team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

i applied online. then i received several questions to fill out with a one and half week deadline. after that there was a phone interview. the following week there was an in-person interview, which included questions, a chance to meet with the research team as well as an excel test. the interview process was easy and straightforward. interviewers asked questions from a list and took notes on my answers.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed online at the first round. Then I was invited for a campus visit. The program coordinator and a few professors interviewed me and asked me several questions

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

The professor will talk with you and ask you some question about the research. Usually it will last for 1 hour. When you answer the question, you can ask questions.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

I just talk with the professor and he asked me some questions for my courses. I told him some courses I learned, method I know and what program I can use.