Arizona State University Research Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arizona State University Research Technician Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of computing scientific calculations by showing work, laboratory safety, laboratory concepts, and theoretical scientific questions that were associated with the lab group. The PI asked the majority of the questions. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. Be honest if you do not have experience with certain concepts or laboratory methods while answering the questions. However, be prepared to know the theoretical concepts that the lab group expects you to know by reading literature from relevant lab group studies that were conduced by the PI.

Interview Questions

• How do you protect yourself from rodents in the laboratory?
    What is ELISA?
    How is SDS page used?
    What is PCR?
    What is Antibody A and Antibody B?
    What is your experience with rodents?
    What are the differences between a healthy versus an Alzheimer's Disease brain image?
    What are transgenic rodents?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Arizona State University

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University.

Interview

Applied online and received email and phone call a week later to do a phone interview. Phone interview focused on what the position would entail and my resume, research background, and interest in position. After phone interview, received email asking me to come in for a tour of facilities and do a panel interview. Interviewers were professional, easy-going, and very knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - just questions about research background and abilities and any concerns about the job   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in November 2009.

Interview

If you know someone, it is very fast an easy. It is difficult to get an interview off the street. Most jobs are created with someone internally in mind.

Interview Questions

• Name all possible species of nitrogen off of the top of your head, and the analysis methodology you would use for each one with water as the substrate.   Answer Question