Arizona State University Senior Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arizona State University Senior Coordinator Interview Questions

3.5

Coordinator, Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

I first did a phone interview. For this particular department (this was my second department at ASU), I soon learned I was first interviewed by the Associate Vice Provost at the time. The second interview was given by the Directors and then followed with a third interview with the directors and other coordinators. I was asked to complete an event plan, which I had to present at the final interview to demonstrate my knowledge of the role.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately I can't remember the interview questions at this time. It's been 3 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary. At the time, ASU had a rule that you could only increase your salary by 10% more than your current salary (since I was working for another department). That was the maximum they raised me, which was a little bit more than what they were originally offering me.

Other Interview Reviews for Arizona State University

Senior Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University in January 2010.

Interview

Interview began with one on one phone conversation. Then a group of 3 or 4 telephone interview. Then there was an in-person interview with the same group of 3 or 4. This included a written "exercise" to determine writing ability, understanding the instructions, understanding the process, etc. Perception of the people I interviewed with was that they were knowledgeable, competent and concerned about hiring a good mix. In this office, the culture is serious (a little too much so); strong work ethic; work in silos, not much interaction between staff groups. Not much communication up or down.

Interview Questions

• The written exercise consisted of doing the activity that I would be training others to do; the interpretation of the assignment; and the quality of work - writing, proofreading, ability to communicate, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Get what ever salary you can coming in - staff positions have not had raises in quite some time.