Arizona State University Student Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arizona State University Student Worker Interview Questions

Interviews at Arizona State University

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, called back after a few weeks, then was called by the interviewer for scheduling and introduction. Then we met in the on campus Starbucks and spoke for roughly 45 minutes, first casual questions as he was also a student then into the more job important questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a difficult situation with a student?   1 Answer
  • What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Arizona State University

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Telephonic Screening process and there was a 30 min detailed in person interview. The interview was very formal, questions were job related, student job, moving lab equipment. There were basic tools used in the moving process and hence, the interviewer made sure I had a brief experience in those areas

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

Received a call asking to schedule an interview and confirm information on the resume. Attended the interview where two people asked me situational questions and recorded my responses. Received a call three days later after the background check was completed offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time with multiple projects going?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Mesa, AZ) in August 2013.

Interview

It was very easy interview process. Make sure you call back for an interview. Questions are simple. They are just looking for someone to hire and some don't stay long. Just make sure to be persistent for the position and bring something that makes you preferable as a student worker.

Interview Questions

• If you had a problem that you did not know how to solve, how would you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in November 2013.

Interview

Very professional, straight forward. I was asked about my experience and how it relates to the job. I was asked if I get along well with people and have patience for students who ask me for help. I was asked why I want the job. This was for the Digital Culture department, it was my field of study and I was able to answer all the questions easily.

Interview Questions

• You have all of this experience, do you think this job will keep your interest?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any room for negotiation on the pay, as they only had a budget to pay that amount and were looking for a student who would take that amount.

Student Worker Interview

Interview

Phone interview. They asked about previous and relevant work experience. Asked about class schedule and availability, they want to work with your schedule not the other way around. The people hiring were very friendly and attentive, they made sure to ask and wait for a complete response back.

Interview Questions

• What precious work experience do you think has prepared you to work for this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Tempe, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called regarding an interview five days later. It was a 15-minute panel interview with the department managers. They asked basic interviewing questions about my skills in relation to the job, what I knew about this particular college, etc. I received confirmation that I was hired within a week. Most student worker jobs are looking for bright students who can manage their time effectively and do a great job.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage this position, organizational commitments, and your schoolwork?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arizona State University in September 2018.

Interview

It was a phone call interview. My manager directly called me and asked a few basic questions. He wanted to know me better and asked me to tell about my past experience in leadership and stuffs like that. Nothing technical

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your leadership skills   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Interview

It was basic behavior and experience questions. They were not very difficult to answer. This is a student job so they are not going to ask super difficult questions. They just want to know if you will be a good employee or not.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

The job was fairly simple. I had to go in the HR and apply. I applied and they emailed me back to set up an interview. After I had set up an interview, they emailed the confirm. I had an interview which was not so much of an interview. They just saw me and said I was hired.