Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.6

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (North Little Rock, AR) in August 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very straightforward and professional. It took awhile before I had received any notification that I was being considered for the role. Then after being contacted by HR to do a panel interview. The panel interview consisted of 4 to 6 STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• I can't recall the questions they asked me, but they were wanting the answers in a STAR format.   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Little Rock, AR) in July 2017.

Interview

After you have applied online for the position. Someone within Human Resources will contact you requesting you to complete a 40 min to 1 hour assessment of your skills. In the assessment, you are acting as a customer service rep and answering customers account inquires. There will also be an insurance coding exercise at the end as well as questions about your personality. If the results come back within the approval range you will be called into their offices for a formal interview. The interview will consist of 3 people- HR rep, manager and one other. They each take turns asking various question. Majority of the questions pertain to your previous careers: Why did you leave your previous company? How long were you in the role? ect. Overall the interview was fairly standard and lasted roughly 45 mins. A week after the interview I was contacted with a offer to work with the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you felt overwhelmed in your previous job. How did you overcome it?
      How well are you able to handle a stressful environment?
      Why are you interested in this position with AR BCBS?   Answer Question

Associate Production Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (North Little Rock, AR) in June 2017.

Interview

The entire process takes about 3 weeks from the time you put in the application to getting hired. First, you go through a phone screening and then the interview is with a panel of 3 individuals ( one of them being someone from HR).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you took up a role that required you to be a leader.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Little Rock, AR) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked to give a brief presentation over a portion of the company's website, after which we had typical Q&A time. The manager did gloss over required overtime and low payscale with benefits that were not applicable to me. HR rep was very helpful and organized.

Interview Questions

• We notice that your experience is technical, and this position is primarily not. Is that going to be an issue for you?   Answer Question

Support Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Little Rock, AR) in March 2017.

Interview

STAR Interview Process, Three Person Panel- Two Employees from the department, and one from Human Resources, Position was less than what was described in the job description, Employees were very helpful and friendly

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you personally made a mistake, and how did you correct it?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Little Rock, AR) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a fairly long interview with BCBS and I was not called back like they said they would call so I called them to discover I didn't get the Job.

Interview Questions

• What were my duties at my present job
      Wanted to know situations and outcomes   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Jonesboro, AR) in February 2017.

Interview

They came to my University campus to host interviews; however, you had to apply online prior to them coming. Career Services scheduled all interview times. Once the interview day came, you should up, and its useful to bring any relevant information like references, resume etc. The interview it self lasted about 30-40 minutes.

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Office setting, interview by three individuals. Management, supervisor, and HR personnel. Lasted an hour, potential supervisor along with other interviewees ask questions. Very professional and friendly. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific situation where you encountered an issue and how you resolved the issue at hand. Be very specific.   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Little Rock, AR) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process seemed pretty professional and quick, however, the experienced turned sour when I actually got into the interview room with the HR specialist and another superior. I'm a licensed adjuster in Property and Casualty, I'm familiar with the way most insurance companies work. I excelled in my first insurance position especially being that I've never had experience in anything other than Customer service. I answered their questions based on previous experience and they were very rude. Not only once but twice, I interviewed with them and they made me feel like I was wasting their time when actually they were wasting mines. I interviewed with them twice, two months apart, just for them not to offer me the job or say that I'm more qualified with customer service then turned around and denied me for the customer service position and I have MORE THAN ENOUGH experience on both insurance and customer service. This place does not want to hire anyone outside of their company? Why? I honestly don't know. That's why they hire temps to do their job but without having to compensate them their true salary. They will hire a unqualified temp before hiring a over qualified person with experience. This place really needs to get it together.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Little Rock, AR) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 women. 1 of the women was the supervisor for the position. Another woman was someone from HR. The last one was the Performance Analyst. Pretty general questions. Mainly situational questions and asking about previous work history and why you want to work there. STAR formatted questions so answer in STAR format. Lasted about 30-45 minutes.