Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.6

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Little Rock, AR) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 women. 1 of the women was the supervisor for the position. Another woman was someone from HR. The last one was the Performance Analyst. Pretty general questions. Mainly situational questions and asking about previous work history and why you want to work there. STAR formatted questions so answer in STAR format. Lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through the company's website. Got a phone call a few days later to set u an interview. It was a standard S.T.A.R. interview, conducted in a small office with three people: I think it was two HR people and the person I would be working under. It lasted about an hour. At the end, the main interviewer walked me down the corridor, thanked me, and promised a call by the end of the following week either way. Received the call today, one week later, and was told that the job was given to an internal applicant. Although I'm pretty bummed out, everyone I encountered was very kind and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when X happened. How did you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Little Rock, AR) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, entire process took about 3 weeks total...received email to take assessment, HR called to set up interview and then interview lasted about 25 minutes. I was told they would still be interviewing the rest of the week so I waited patiently. I received a call the next week telling me the positions had been filled and was offered another position! I gladly accepted! Then I was called back the next day and offered the position I had originally applied for! God is good and persistence pays off!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating, everyone starts out the same.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

The lead interviewer was extremely late from calling me in. Ms. Fowlkes was 25 mins past my scheduled time. I was standing up to leave when she came to get me. Rudely enough, she offered no apology for the late time. Understandably, interviews can go long, but being that it was a 3 person panel, I think it would have been appropriate for someone to step outside and indicate their would be a delay. It surely turned me off from wanting to interview for that job with that specific department. The interview was STAR format with generic interview questions. They will also ask you questions about your resume. Basically confirming what you have on it. It's a quite simple process to get through if you're genuinely interested in the job. The interview should take about 45 minutes (not including your wait time...)

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where there was a change at your job, and how did you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (North Little Rock, AR) in May 2016.

Interview

The process took a few weeks. I applied for the CSR role via the company's website. A few weeks after applying, I received a email requesting that I complete the required assessment for the position. A week later, I received a phone call from HR, requesting an interview. I reported to the North Little Rock location, signed in with the guard, and went to the second floor to wait. The interview was a panel interview, consisting on 3 people...the HR representative and 2 supervisors. Every individual that I made contact with was very pleasant. The interview was a STAR interview and consisted of 5 questions, I believe, all of which where quite easy. Awaiting a offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a policy or procedure changed in the workplace. How did you adjust?   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial Process took a few weeks. Received an email from HR to complete testing and then received a phone call to come in for an interview. On the day of the interview they were 15 minutes late coming out to meet me. Interview was pretty basic with no enthusiasm or attempt to get to know me as a person outside of my previous work history. About six questions were read off of a sheet of paper while the hiring manager took notes. Did not receive a notification that I was not offered the job so I was clueless for about 2 weeks until I looked on the job board while applying for another position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you experienced backlash in your work.   Answer Question

Dental Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Little Rock, AR) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from Human Resources several weeks later to schedule an interview. They only had one day that they were scheduling interviews, which made it difficult. Interview took place in a conference room with three employees. Basic questions, nothing out of the ordinary. I followed up with a thank you email that day. Received a letter stating they hired a different candidate the same week.

Customer Service Representative 9 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Little Rock, AR) in June 2015.

Interview

A week after submitting application, I received an email invitation to complete questionaire and simulation survey. A week later received call to interview for position.

Had a two person interview, dont know if that is considered a panel interview. S.T.A.R. interview questions, took about 45 minutes.

Was advised they had two more weeks of interviews and training starts in over a month. Would try to make all offers at least two weeks before training starts.

Two hours after interview ended received phone call with an offer, GLADLY Accepted!!

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Little Rock, AR) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview with the Web Marketing manager was great. He was very engaging and knowledgeable about what he needs from someone filling this position. The questions he asked weren't just about the job, they were getting to know me as a person. He said, and I quote, "It is more important that the person we hire fits in with the team than the skills they have. Skills can be taught, but personality cannot." What a beautiful thing for someone to say! It was a very pleasant experience. They value being upfront, open, honest and will return the same attitude.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Interview

Hiring process took too long. Internal candidates are given priority, which is ok as long as they are most qualified. The communication is slow between the online job application process and the interview process. Good candidates could be loat.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a health plan?   1 Answer