Arkema Plant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Plant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crosby, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arkema (Crosby, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied online directly to the recruiter. After a couple of phone conversations we mutually agreed that this would be a good fit, but that Arkema was fairly well along in the interview process. However, since I lived in town, they decided to squeeze me in for an interview on the day they were talking with other candidates.

I had to go through safety training upon arrival (expected) and was then escorted to a reception area. The corporate HR manager came out and asked me to wait they had already started the process with another candidate. After about 15 minutes he came back out and the process started. He began by introducing me to the company and asking me about my background. This went very well. He was friendly and easy to talk with.

After talking with the HR Director, I met with the Regional Director of Operations (the person to whom I would report). She was all business and made sure she came across as tough. Red flags started going up immediately in my mind. It was not a particularly friendly interview but more of a grilling.

When that interview was over I met with the current Plant Manager who was transferring to another location. He had to take care of some plant business while I was standing in his office. He talked with me about the company and asked a few questions. He was touted as a process expert and was taking one for the team to go to the other location. I couldn't really assess his technical competence during our conversation. But he was cordial.

The whole interview took about 3 hours. I left feeling only so-so about the interview and uncertain what I would do if I was offered the position. Overall I did not feel that the questions they asked were planned or directed. They seemed to have a very casual approach and asked whatever came to mind. It was unclear whether they had done more than glance at my resume. Not my best interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience-start at the beginning.   1 Answer