Arkema US Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arkema US Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2018

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkema US (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

Took HR forever to bring me in for the second interview - The human resources staff extremely laid back they sit behind locked closed doors while the rest of the company operates around them. Very strong culture to fit into.
    The workload was massive please get the job description so your prepared.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed with four people it took almost 4 hours they had a set of standard interview questions, prepared. I was then asked to come back again with a presentation and met with three more people.   1 Answer

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arkema US in December 2017.

Interview

Very negative experience. Multiple interviews were canceled with little or no advanced warning. including a phone interview with no response during the scheduled time. also emails were replied to very slowly taking up to a month for a reply after asking me to provide availability to call

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arkema US (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very simple and straightforward interview process. I had 3 phone interviews before being hired as an intern. One was with HR and was very basic just giving background about the company and position. Next were two back to back interviews with managers in the supply chain/procurement departments. Almost entirely behavioral and resume based. Nice people and not a stressful interview process

Scientist Interview

Interview

I got an email that confirmed the time of the first phone interview from the HR. It was about 30min phone interview with the HR within 3 days. Then the on-site was scheduled in 3 weeks. It was a very tight day. Presentation in the morning, followed by 1-1 interviews with 8 scientists. People are nice there. The working environment is fancy. I actually enjoyed discussions with everyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arkema US (King of Prussia, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

First had an on campus interview.
    Two months later got invited for a on-site interview.
    On site interview was from 8 am to 4:30 pm. One on one with Scientists, Managers, R&D directors and VP of research.
    Left with a very good impression of the company.

I had read a lot of negative reviews. Talking with the people there during the interview process dispelled these. It looked like a company with a troubled past till 2010 but the company has been doing great since then. Employee satisfaction also has increased a great deal since 2010.

Interview Questions

• Top management asked questions about how I made my career decisions at every stage in my career   Answer Question

Had an offer from two other places. Was a very difficult decision.
    They also offered a very competitive salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arkema US (King of Prussia, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

Interviewer asked preset questions that were most likely read directly from a list. Althought, the interview was for a scientist job, the questions were very standardized (ie. Tell me about yourself, What are your strengths? Tell me about a time when you solved a problem...etc...). The interviewer did not seem very interested in my answers and was very impersonal.

Interview Questions

Declined onsite interview because had heard bad things about the company environment and did not have a positive phone interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arkema US (King of Prussia, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview started early morning and consisted of seven or eight 1:1 interview and a presentation. A lot of behavior questions were asked and many of them were the same. So be prepared well. Some questions I remembered. Why did you go to this college, why did you choose our company, what is your strength.

Interview Questions

• is there any question you expected me to ask but I did not ask?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Fairly standard interview process with a regular phone interview followed by an on site visit. The on site visit was a day of interviews with engineers and managers at multiple levels and of course one HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a specific problem and a change in the energy economy, how would you solve it and implement the solution?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arkema US (Cambridge, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter as part of on-campus recruiting. The recruiter was friendly and not intimidating. The interview was a mix of research/science-related questions and HR questions. There was first a ~1 hour presentation by the two recruiters the day before and the next day was 45 minute interviews for people who were selected. I thought I did well, but ultimately did not get an on-site interview. The recruiters mentioned that ~50% of candidates who get on-site interviews receive offers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where a collaboration went well and a time when a collaboration didn't go well. What would you do differently now?   Answer Question

Senior Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arkema US (Beaumont, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Basic behavioral interview questions and a few technical questions. Technical question referred to distillation and level control. Reviewed my background listed on my resume and asked why I left previous position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a challenge in your project.   Answer Question