Arkema US Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Arkema US Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2018

Director Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arkema US in January 2018.

Interview

Initially multiple phone interviews and then months lapse before next contact. Next phase multiple onsite interviews, pretty standard questions and discussions. Initial feedback was positive, but over six weeks before the next contact to relay that they wanted to move to the next phase, but no details. After another six weeks I contacted HR who indicated that they were no longer interested. Very poor communication with candidates and overall lack of respect. I turned down other opportunities based on the feedback I had been given from the company, obviously a mistake on my part.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arkema US in December 2017.

Interview

Very negative experience. Multiple interviews were canceled with little or no advanced warning. including a phone interview with no response during the scheduled time. also emails were replied to very slowly taking up to a month for a reply after asking me to provide availability to call

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arkema US (Beaumont, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Very fast moving. Each week was a next move: receive call for interview, interview, receive call confirming hire, set start date. Everyone was very helpful on site during the interview. HR was very fast at getting from application to interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions about basic chemical processes:
      What happens in a distillation column?
      What is the process of creating polymers?   1 Answer

Senior Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arkema US (Beaumont, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Basic behavioral interview questions and a few technical questions. Technical question referred to distillation and level control. Reviewed my background listed on my resume and asked why I left previous position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a challenge in your project.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arkema US (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very simple and straightforward interview process. I had 3 phone interviews before being hired as an intern. One was with HR and was very basic just giving background about the company and position. Next were two back to back interviews with managers in the supply chain/procurement departments. Almost entirely behavioral and resume based. Nice people and not a stressful interview process

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arkema US (Cambridge, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter as part of on-campus recruiting. The recruiter was friendly and not intimidating. The interview was a mix of research/science-related questions and HR questions. There was first a ~1 hour presentation by the two recruiters the day before and the next day was 45 minute interviews for people who were selected. I thought I did well, but ultimately did not get an on-site interview. The recruiters mentioned that ~50% of candidates who get on-site interviews receive offers.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where a collaboration went well and a time when a collaboration didn't go well. What would you do differently now?   Answer Question

Senior Product Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arkema US (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, which was followed by a phone screen with HR. Resulted in a site interview with several people that I had great conversations with and was very positive.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview was a conversation about the position and my background. No question was too difficult to handle.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arkema US (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Get phone screen from plant manager after 3 weeks. Most of them are about resume review and technical questions. Looks like they are looking for someone with skills that fit for their projects. Scheduled for on-site interview with 8 managers after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your career plan in the next 5 years?
      Any experience about process control?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arkema US (Rochester, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The process started with a call from a recruiter presenting the opportunity. After resume was submitted to Arkema, their HR rep requested a phone screen, and then passing that, the Site Manager requested a longer phone interview. A week later the recruiter called to schedule an on-site interview which included all managers on their Leadership Team.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arkema US (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied in July and had a phone interview with the plant manager in August. I felt like he handled himself very professionally and really wanted to get to know me as a candidate to determine if it was a good fit. Seemed like I nice and fair person to work for.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Arkema?   1 Answer