Arlington County Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.9

Management and Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people from the department. They asked four questions. Both were friendly and easy to talk to. I don't think I got the internship because I don't have much experience in the field. Plus, it was my first interview, so I was more nervous about what to expect.

Eligibility Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA).

Interview

It was a panel of 3 with set questions. Each one asked by a different person. Lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked to take a test after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Reasons for applying for the job ?   1 Answer

Medical Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Nice people, less then 30 minutes, great experience. They made you feel very comfortable and answered all questions I had. There was 3 people that interviewed each one was very nice. No negatives.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure   1 Answer

Recreation Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arlington County.

Interview

Timed Writing followed by panel interview. Asked to plan a short activity of choice and handle a case dealing with behavior management. How would you talk to the child's parent, what strategies would you employ.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with student's with disabilities   Answer Question

Mental Health Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

little information provided concerning job before interview took place. As a doctorate educated internationally trained applicatant this made the process very difficult and really represented the isolated view the US has to their mental health knowledge and application. I think there is not enough risk assessment done on patients to protect staff further management just seem to see the view that it is 'just more paperwork'. Which as an employee is a very ignorant and non protective or supportive approach of management staff!

Interview Questions

• were unstructured and again little background provided or context to questions - made it confusing   1 Answer

Court Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristow, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arlington County (Bristow, VA).

Interview

The process was quick - it consisted of a 15 minute panel phone interview, and then a half hour in person panel interview. Everyone was very pleasant and professional. Questions were situational in nature.

Interview Questions

• Many many hypothetical, situational questions about courtroom procedures.   Answer Question

Mental Health and Substance Abuse Therapist and HIV Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

The administrative assistant called me and set up an interview. I had about 2 days notice. The interview went well. They were friendly enough. I was told the salary was going to be X and when offered it was Y, which was less than I was making at my current job (after asking to see a current pay stub), and less than what was advertised on the job ad. It was offered by my would-be direct supervisor. I asked for at least the same amount that I was making at my current job (in a less wealthy county) and she RESCINDED the offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the differences between addiction to alcohol and addiction to drugs?   Answer Question

Child Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA).

Interview

There were two interviews about a week apart. Panel interview with writing test. Questions were in-depth and tested knowledge. Second interview mirrored the first. Issues such as family child care, child care centers, state regulations, health and safety, meals. Also incorporated technology.

Interview Questions

• Describe rules and regulations as related to child care.   Answer Question

Human Resources Benefits Opening Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone Screening and In Person Panel Interview - very nice to get a feel of expectations and team in place. I felt well matched to the position and was comfortable with the questions asked that were specific to expertise needed in the role.

Interview Questions

• Experience in dealing with a wide employee demographic.   Answer Question

Educational Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arlington County (Arlington, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview process was pleasant, with the principal's warm smile and humor. Her assistant was also involved in the interview process as her expert in the Spanish language. The questions were the typical interview questions such as: If there was a parent that was unpleasant, what would do to alleviate the situation?
    Shortly after the interview I was called for the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was solve with grace under pressure   1 Answer