Arlington Public Schools Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 4, 2017

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Two week process- I applied online, got an email from a principal, had a hone interview followed by an in person interview with an administrator and a teacher. The in person interview was done at the school, not at the district headquarters.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were faced with a difficult classroom situation, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Extended Day Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Quick and straight to the point. The interview process was very quick and straightfoward, it included a test of basic child care scenarios and how would you react to such,

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Submitted application online.
    Was called to set up an interview.
    Interview was with an administrator and teacher.
    Duties were explained. Interview ran 25 minutes.
    Heard back within 3 days with a job offer.

ESL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Had 1st Phone interview with coordinator and then 2nd interview over Skype with coordinator and director of program. Typical questions about experience, motivations, and personality/ how you work individually and with a team.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep track and manage multiple tasks and projects?   Answer Question

Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA).

Interview

short, it was long ago a few questions then hired. asked to do a drug test, background check it was short and to the point. I was told what is needed for the position where to go for follow up to get myself hired.

Interview Questions

• have you experience with children.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

I interviews in a small panel of three people. They each took turns asking questions and would jot down notes as they saw fit. Many of the questions were skill and situational based questions. They also gave a chance for me to ask any questions or concerns, if I had any.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which you demonstrated initiative.   1 Answer

ESL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA).

Interview

There was a lengthy Interview with one individual followed by background check and fingerprinting because it's part of the school system. The interview was detailed and challenging, but the interviewer was extremely professional, fair, and appropriate. She knew her stuff and did not hesitate to press for more detailed replies to all questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult types of questions were about describing your teaching techniques in detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set salary.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

First round interview was with the principal. Asked very few questions and had more of a conversation. Second round interview was with a panel of teachers. Old school style of round table interview.

Interview Questions

• Some good, some out of date questions. Started with strengths and weaknesses, then went on to questions that were relevant to the position. Example 1- Describe how you would run literacy t=time in your classroom.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

I was observed by my prospective principal during summer school. We later met and took a tour of the school. There was no formal interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement an IB minded classroom while still catering to differentiation?   Answer Question

Maintenance Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA) in June 2009.

Interview

Very relaxing, the hiring manager was very friendly. The people, office, and work culture were very lax and frienly.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I would basically advise others considering an offer to take the offer and not attempt to negotiate. It's too good of a job as seasonal work to not take.