Arlington Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.6

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Two week process- I applied online, got an email from a principal, had a hone interview followed by an in person interview with an administrator and a teacher. The in person interview was done at the school, not at the district headquarters.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were faced with a difficult classroom situation, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Speech-Language Pathologist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools in August 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Various questions regarding my experience in the schools. The interviewer provided some information regarding the caseloads within each school site.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience with using evidence-based treatments for English Language Learners (ELL)?   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Submitted application online.
    Was called to set up an interview.
    Interview was with an administrator and teacher.
    Duties were explained. Interview ran 25 minutes.
    Heard back within 3 days with a job offer.

ESL Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Had 1st Phone interview with coordinator and then 2nd interview over Skype with coordinator and director of program. Typical questions about experience, motivations, and personality/ how you work individually and with a team.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep track and manage multiple tasks and projects?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools.

Interview

Spoke to the head of computers, and we sat down and spoke for a little bit. She asked me what I wanted to do, and I told her that I loved computers so she appointed me to this position. She then asked me a couple of interview questions and it wasn't too difficult.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, why do you want to work with us.   Answer Question

Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Arlington, VA).

Interview

short, it was long ago a few questions then hired. asked to do a drug test, background check it was short and to the point. I was told what is needed for the position where to go for follow up to get myself hired.

Interview Questions

• have you experience with children.   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools (Fairfax, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Group Interview with 5 other potential employees. Interviewer asked a question and then asked each interviewee to respond. Since I had never been in a group situation before I was somewhat apprehensive; however, it was very well run and much less awkward then I had expected. The interviewer was very organized and personable. I actually enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions

• How would a former supervisor rate you on a 10 point scale?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing your former supervisor would say you could improve upon?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation involved. You inform them of your availability for tutoring and are asked to commit to tutoring through the current school year.

Elementary Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools.

Interview

Submitted my resume and principal contacted me two days later for an interview. I interviewed with the principal two days later and was asked to come back the same afternoon to interview with the rest of the team including some teachers and the assistant principal.

Interview Questions

• There was an initial interview with the principal followed by another interview the same day with the assistant principal and some teachers on the interview team.   Answer Question

Elementary Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools.

Interview

I was interviewed by Principal at an individual school after sending my cover letter and resume to the school directly. The next day I was called back to interview with an Assistant Principal and a team of teachers.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were typical teacher interview questions, but "Describe a time when you failed and explain what you should have done differently." was one that sticks out in my memory.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arlington Public Schools.

Interview

Saw the application online. Applied. Received a call to go to the Arlington Ed Center (which is the headquarters for Arlington Public Schools). Did the background check there and was finger printed. The background check is required. This is a background check for the DMV area (DC, Maryland, and Virginia). In addition, a drug test may be required.