Arm Interview Questions in Galway | Glassdoor

Interviews at Arm

Sort:

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Arm (Galway (Ireland)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through University portal. The first round was a 30 minutes telephonic interview with a principal engineer. After three weeks I got a mail to come for onsite interview with 3 senior engineers. It went for more than 1 hour. I never got the response of the interview. They mentioned reimbursement of travel expense but never received it. HR doesn't respond to any mail.

Interview Questions

• During telephonic interview he asked many questions about the company, basic Java questions, Unit testing, open source contributions etc,
      During onsite interview the panel was of 3 senior engineers. Basic questions on Java, System architecture, Testing, Design pattern, Agile. The questions were simple but too many.
      Draw architecture for automate traffic light system.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arm (Galway (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on their website, got an email 3 weeks later for a telephone interview. Telephone interview was very technical but overall was a pleasant experience. Went into detail on the JVM and collections framework

Interview Questions

• If i wanted to store a number of objects what would i use?
      Went into detail on the collections framework - maps sets lists etc the differences, where you would use one over the other.
      Difference between an interface and an abstract class. what is the benefit of one over the other.
      Spent 10 mins discussing the JVM
      Whats the companys CEO, their slogan and what i know about the company   Answer Question

Graduate Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arm (Galway (Ireland)) in July 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview involved a couple of questions regarding my cv, modules completed in university, followed by some Java theory questions (JVM, polymorphism). Why do I want to go for the role and where do I see myself in approximately 5 years time. She also asked about my current projects including my thesis, and how I planned to test it. It was my first IT interview so I wasn't really sure what to expect. I couldn't answer all of the questions and I think my nerves lead me to over answer at times. However her tone never changed to impatient or condescending which I appreciated. When I received the email to let me know that I didn't get the role, I chanced asking for any extra feedback they could give me so I could improve my interview performance and strengthen my skills in future. In fairness they got back to me the next day with some advice.

Interview Questions

Arm Response

Jul 26, 2017 – Employer Branding and Social Media Intern

Thank you so much for your review, I'm glad you had a positive experience despite not being offered the role. Your feedback will be incredibly helpful in helping ARM to improve its recruitment... More