Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

2.6

Java Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Met at college career fair. Within a week had a comprehensive phone interview which was part technical, part skills and previous projects. They were very interested in Java Experience as well as other OOP knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Experience with Eclipse IDE, HTML, CSS, coding practices and structures.   Answer Question

Import Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with HR about 2 weeks after submitting my application online. I then was invited for an on-site interview with the hiring manager. A week later I returned for a second interview with the hiring manager as well as the 1st line manager. After the second interview, I was told I should hear back from them within a week or so.
    The HR rep called to offer me the position I applied for about a week later. After I verbally accepted the offer, the official offer letter was sent to me by email.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with another employee in the group if you are taking their job?
      How did you hear about this company and job?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I heard about the job at a job fair. I received a phone interview first. Then I was asked to come to headquarters for a panel interview by senior management. I was accepted into the AAFES version of "Apprentice". Before getting placed in the company the trainee has to successfully make 2 presentations in front of the senior VP's (CFO).If successful each trainee is placed in the company based on needs and trainee strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected part of the hiring process was the test given right before the panel interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's structured like the government so there isn't really a negotiation phase. HR has to adhere to government regulation when deciding on your pay. Licenses, degrees, and experience, are considered when setting your initial offer. There are salary ranges and expect to come in at the bottom of the range. Expect them to push the benefits available to employees and veteran employees. The retirement and medical is a plus. Also, employees accrue leave time from initial date of hire, although while going through the training program leave is not highly frowned up on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Dallas, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

AAFES recruiter will tell you the third interview is an Executive Interview. Not, they will pull the dullest most adversarial tools in the shop to do the interview. The Executives will not make a presence. A good indicator of this firm. The board of 5 failed to reply to even a Good Morning. After a week their IT department did not have the capability to organize the video conference, so the interview was strictly telephonic, another good indicator of what is ahead. The interview is adversarial from the start filled with questions of what are your weaknesses; and what frustrates you; and sharpshooter questions about what their Finance and Accounting department do internally. Definitely an inferior firm filled with linear borderline, inferior personnel.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Complete application, phone interview and based on this I was flown to Dallas TX HQ. After being interviewed by 2 senior managers I was hired and began my career.

Interview Questions

• How did handle a specific situation when disagreed with your supervisor?   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Basic interview process - HR staff asks questions about likes/dislikes, skills, training, and employment history, certifications, area/s of expertise, desired goals. They discuss the details of your resume, your accomplishments, your weaknesses, and what you can offer the company...

Data Center Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

it was good the ask a lot of question and i learn alot from interview and i get to tour the data center
    and its a big data center inside was cold

Interview Questions

• how long did i work has a data tech   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

I spoke to recruiters at a college career fair. I was advised to apply online and received an email about 2 weeks later to come in for a 2:1 interview. About 3 weeks later, I received another email asking to come in for a panel interview. The panel interview consisted of 6 interviewers. Before the interview, however, I was given a 2-page, multiple choice test on basic accounting and company info. Definitely do your research on the company and know basic accounting information. I received an email about 3 weeks after panel interview with an offer.

I was very impressed with the company and the people. They were very professional throughout the interview process and always maintained good communication via email. Everyone I came in contact with were very nice and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Dallas, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

AAFES Recruiters came to campus career fair. Received e-mail request to apply for the position, approx 1 month later received invite to 1:1 interview. 3 weeks later received invite for panel interview. So far the experience has been positive... Advice: be prepared to answer questions about AAFES, plan on spending at least one to two hours researching AAFES on their website.

Interview Questions

• Do you plan on taking the CPA exam.   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Dallas, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

They have a very lengthy hiring process but interviewing for an entry level position is a good foot in the door. Once you've applied do not expect an immediate interview; it'll be awhile.