Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2017

2.4

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

First, despite the fact that I submitted an application, resume, and cover letter, they had me jump through hoops to fill additional candidacy paperwork which resembled a military OER, which I thought was strange because everything they made me fill out was already covered in my resume and cover letter.

During the interview, the hiring manager and recruiter said that they were going to source the position from within anyway and tried to get me to apply for a much lower-paying position. I took that as a huge red flag and when I stated that my intent was to apply for the original position they were not happy about that. Never heard back from them since the interview.

Starbucks Foreman Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

I interviewed, was told I got the job, then they gave it to someone else. The hiring foreman avoided the hell out of me. They do not do right by people here.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Drum, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Drum, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I know everything that was needed for the position with experience but didn't qualify because they needed someone from 11-7:30 and due to having 2 kids in school and one in daycare asked for hours 9-5:30 or 10-6:30 but they said No. they couldn't change the hours so they settled for someone without experience and no kids to better themselves.

Interview Questions

• Are you qualified to work the hours 11-7:30 sometimes til 8:15?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Polk, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Polk, LA) in December 2016.

Interview

it was a telephone interview. I feel like questions do not accurately give you the character and personality of the person because they are the same questions asked on every interview no matter the job, just worded differently.

Senior Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nellis AFB, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Nellis AFB, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with a supervisor. The supervisor asks about 6 open open ended questions and then follows with easy yes or no questions. It seems like the supervisor is the "middle man" and relays all of your answers to management. The supervisor doesn't make the hiring decision. Personally, I think this is too much for a basic store employee position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an upset customer and retained their business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Sumter, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

I arrived 20 minutes before my interview time. It was a one on one setting. The interviewer read off a sheet of questions and jotted down my answers. I ask a few questions about the position. All of my questions were answered. Said that if I got the job I would receive a call within a few days. It's been two weeks and I haven't heard anything.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

Horrible, took out a sheet of questions from their desk asked them one by one towards the end, I was asked a question I previously answered then the person said oh nevermind we went over that, then the phone rang the person interviewing answered and excused themselves. This was not an interview per say it was a check in a box to say they interviewed people. They knew who they wanted before I interviewed. Was told HR would call in two weeks, that time has come and go and no email or phone call.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Java Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Met at college career fair. Within a week had a comprehensive phone interview which was part technical, part skills and previous projects. They were very interested in Java Experience as well as other OOP knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Experience with Eclipse IDE, HTML, CSS, coding practices and structures.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I came at the Express 25 minutes earlier than my appointment. The supervisor did not take time, she interviewed me right away. It took like 10 to 20 minutes. She discussed everything about the job. After the interview, she told me that the HR will call me. Still waiting for the call.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose AAFES.
      What are my goals.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Do you have customer relation experience
      Answer Question

Retail Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The phone interview is rather easy. They want to know what your background is -- ex. the number of employees that you supervised -- the volume of the stores you've worked in -- why you left (or want to leave) your job --- name one thing you would like to change about your current or previous company -- what strengths do you have that would be a good fit for The Exchange. However, this is with a panel of 3 people from Human Resources and they are VERY "robotic" in their questioning and you get the sense that they don't know a thing about retail and that they don't care about their applicants. I say that they don't care about their applicants because this is the 2nd time in a 5 year period that, after the phone interview, they didn't bother to get back to me like they said they would. I expect at least an email saying that they are not interested. Also, with this position, they seem to be always changing the preferred requirements for the position. What I gathered is that this is a company (especially with the HR department, that they don't know what the hec they're doing and they are best to stay away from. WalMart would be a better alternative.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview -- "name one thing you would change about your current or previous employer". This was probably the most difficult question. They want to make sure that the thing you want to change about your employer isn't something that The Exchange does.   Answer Question