Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.4

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Websphere Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in October 2017.

Interview

The process was very quick so far, I submitted my profile through their prime vendor company and they scheduled a phone interview, Hope to hear positive, currently waiting for more details, I will try to update the review with a further process as soon as I go further.

Senior Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was quick, we went over the basic responsibilities of the job. Slightly informal for an interview but that made things more comfortable. I was told that all interviews needed to go to HR and then I'd get a call if I was selected.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

First, despite the fact that I submitted an application, resume, and cover letter, they had me jump through hoops to fill additional candidacy paperwork which resembled a military OER, which I thought was strange because everything they made me fill out was already covered in my resume and cover letter.

During the interview, the hiring manager and recruiter said that they were going to source the position from within anyway and tried to get me to apply for a much lower-paying position. I took that as a huge red flag and when I stated that my intent was to apply for the original position they were not happy about that. Never heard back from them since the interview.

Starbucks Foreman Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

I interviewed, was told I got the job, then they gave it to someone else. The hiring foreman avoided the hell out of me. They do not do right by people here.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Drum, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Drum, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I know everything that was needed for the position with experience but didn't qualify because they needed someone from 11-7:30 and due to having 2 kids in school and one in daycare asked for hours 9-5:30 or 10-6:30 but they said No. they couldn't change the hours so they settled for someone without experience and no kids to better themselves.

Interview Questions

• Are you qualified to work the hours 11-7:30 sometimes til 8:15?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Polk, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Polk, LA) in December 2016.

Interview

it was a telephone interview. I feel like questions do not accurately give you the character and personality of the person because they are the same questions asked on every interview no matter the job, just worded differently.

Senior Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nellis AFB, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Nellis AFB, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with a supervisor. The supervisor asks about 6 open open ended questions and then follows with easy yes or no questions. It seems like the supervisor is the "middle man" and relays all of your answers to management. The supervisor doesn't make the hiring decision. Personally, I think this is too much for a basic store employee position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an upset customer and retained their business.   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Sumter, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

I arrived 20 minutes before my interview time. It was a one on one setting. The interviewer read off a sheet of questions and jotted down my answers. I ask a few questions about the position. All of my questions were answered. Said that if I got the job I would receive a call within a few days. It's been two weeks and I haven't heard anything.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

Horrible, took out a sheet of questions from their desk asked them one by one towards the end, I was asked a question I previously answered then the person said oh nevermind we went over that, then the phone rang the person interviewing answered and excused themselves. This was not an interview per say it was a check in a box to say they interviewed people. They knew who they wanted before I interviewed. Was told HR would call in two weeks, that time has come and go and no email or phone call.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Java Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Met at college career fair. Within a week had a comprehensive phone interview which was part technical, part skills and previous projects. They were very interested in Java Experience as well as other OOP knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Experience with Eclipse IDE, HTML, CSS, coding practices and structures.   Answer Question