Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

132 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Tampa, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Slap dash, no show, the first two times, no call until an hour later. (Only had their landline, email) And they didnt call to say they were dragging. HR Office claiming they tried, NO they did not. I own a business..phone/text is critical.

Interview Questions

• Is my availability OPEN. Acknowledged she had read my experience++, my pay demands.   2 Answers

Senior Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was quick, we went over the basic responsibilities of the job. Slightly informal for an interview but that made things more comfortable. I was told that all interviews needed to go to HR and then I'd get a call if I was selected.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

First, despite the fact that I submitted an application, resume, and cover letter, they had me jump through hoops to fill additional candidacy paperwork which resembled a military OER, which I thought was strange because everything they made me fill out was already covered in my resume and cover letter.

During the interview, the hiring manager and recruiter said that they were going to source the position from within anyway and tried to get me to apply for a much lower-paying position. I took that as a huge red flag and when I stated that my intent was to apply for the original position they were not happy about that. Never heard back from them since the interview.

Allocator Interview

Interview

Initial phone screening interview. Then brought in for multiple rounds of successive interviews. Some were formalized, others were informal. Definitely helps to ask a lot of questions. The wait time until I heard back for an offer to hire and start working with a salary offer was a few days.

Starbucks Foreman Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

I interviewed, was told I got the job, then they gave it to someone else. The hiring foreman avoided the hell out of me. They do not do right by people here.

Central Checkout Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Lawton, OK) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online on November 18, 2016. It took 4 weeks for the whole process. I applied at Ft Sill Oklahoma.
    I received a call for an interview on December 6th to show up on December 8th. I came prepared. The interviewer is very accommodating and friendly. He had a paper with questions to fill out about yourself and the job. Just be honest during the interview and feel relaxed. I told the interviewer that I am available anytime/anyday which gave me an advantage of getting hired. It was a short one-on-one interview for about 15 minutes. Then, on Dec 13th, I received a call that I was recommended to get hired, they just need to do background check. Three days later, on the 16th Dec, I received another call that everything is good and I can start to fill out paperwork on 20th Dec, and one-day orientation on 21st Dec. I accepted the job with gladness.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; How do you deal with a difficult situation of an angry customer?; What motivates you?; What can you contribute if we hire you?; What kind of a worker are you?;What's your availability if get hired?;   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Drum, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Drum, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I know everything that was needed for the position with experience but didn't qualify because they needed someone from 11-7:30 and due to having 2 kids in school and one in daycare asked for hours 9-5:30 or 10-6:30 but they said No. they couldn't change the hours so they settled for someone without experience and no kids to better themselves.

Interview Questions

• Are you qualified to work the hours 11-7:30 sometimes til 8:15?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Polk, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Polk, LA) in December 2016.

Interview

it was a telephone interview. I feel like questions do not accurately give you the character and personality of the person because they are the same questions asked on every interview no matter the job, just worded differently.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (New York, NY).

Interview

Week long background check, gives you a pass to get on before you can get your CAC card. That was an enormous hassle because no one had anything set up for me so I couldn't even get on the location to where I worked because they'd forget to give clearance. No drug test, no training.

Senior Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nellis AFB, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Nellis AFB, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with a supervisor. The supervisor asks about 6 open open ended questions and then follows with easy yes or no questions. It seems like the supervisor is the "middle man" and relays all of your answers to management. The supervisor doesn't make the hiring decision. Personally, I think this is too much for a basic store employee position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an upset customer and retained their business.   Answer Question