Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.1

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (El Paso, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for months, finally got a call asking for an interview time in September. Went in for an interview was pretty easy. Asked where I worked before also questions on task that I would be doing. If you are military affiliated it's a higher chance to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went all out to help an customer.   1 Answer

Retail Electronic Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in July 2016.

Interview

Was called for interview 2 hours prior. Arrived 15 minutes early and was not interviewed until 10 minutes after appointment time. Did not get the warm, fuzzies from the lady interviewing. It was almost like she had better things to do.

Interview Questions

The pay was not enough to cover childcare.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Sumter, SC) in June 2016.

Interview

I arrived 20 minutes before my interview time. It was a one on one setting. The interviewer read off a sheet of questions and jotted down my answers. I ask a few questions about the position. All of my questions were answered. Said that if I got the job I would receive a call within a few days. It's been two weeks and I haven't heard anything.

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eielson AFB, AK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Eielson AFB, AK) in May 2016.

Interview

You sit there with the supervisor to the position and another person working the same job. They asked for your basic qualifications. What makes you different from other people. Why you should get the job. What were your weaknesses.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

Horrible, took out a sheet of questions from their desk asked them one by one towards the end, I was asked a question I previously answered then the person said oh nevermind we went over that, then the phone rang the person interviewing answered and excused themselves. This was not an interview per say it was a check in a box to say they interviewed people. They knew who they wanted before I interviewed. Was told HR would call in two weeks, that time has come and go and no email or phone call.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Java Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Met at college career fair. Within a week had a comprehensive phone interview which was part technical, part skills and previous projects. They were very interested in Java Experience as well as other OOP knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Experience with Eclipse IDE, HTML, CSS, coding practices and structures.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Sill, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Sill, OK) in October 2015.

Interview

April Nachman interviewed me and I felt at ease with her. She stuck to her word when we set the meeting times for interviews. She answered any questions that I had about the company well and was clear on what duties I would be performing should I be hired. There was a background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a time where I had a bad day at work and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Human Resource Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Irwin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Irwin, CA).

Interview

I was already with the company when I applied for the HR position. But I still had to apply online. Received 1st interview with HR Manager. My 2nd interview consisted of me giving a presentation in front of a 6 person panel including HR Manager. 3rd Interview was with the HR Manager.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Tacoma, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Went to the interview 20 mins early and it lasted for 15 mins. The person who was interviewing me was really friendly. At first he talked about the job and what to expect. Then he proceeded to ask me questions about my experiences. Overall, the whole interview was basic.

Inventory Control Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

My interview was at like 1:30, I got to the office around 1:15, I wasn't see by the store manager until 2. She knew I was there at 1:15, but didn't bother to come out of her office to let me know that theres a delay, or something else. I thought that was unprofessional. However, the store manager was nice. I could tell she really enjoyed her job. They were in need of someone and with only like 3 questions asked, she hired me on the spot.