Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2017

2.0

Starbucks Foreman Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

I interviewed, was told I got the job, then they gave it to someone else. The hiring foreman avoided the hell out of me. They do not do right by people here.

Central Checkout Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawton, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Lawton, OK) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online on November 18, 2016. It took 4 weeks for the whole process. I applied at Ft Sill Oklahoma.
    I received a call for an interview on December 6th to show up on December 8th. I came prepared. The interviewer is very accommodating and friendly. He had a paper with questions to fill out about yourself and the job. Just be honest during the interview and feel relaxed. I told the interviewer that I am available anytime/anyday which gave me an advantage of getting hired. It was a short one-on-one interview for about 15 minutes. Then, on Dec 13th, I received a call that I was recommended to get hired, they just need to do background check. Three days later, on the 16th Dec, I received another call that everything is good and I can start to fill out paperwork on 20th Dec, and one-day orientation on 21st Dec. I accepted the job with gladness.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; How do you deal with a difficult situation of an angry customer?; What motivates you?; What can you contribute if we hire you?; What kind of a worker are you?;What's your availability if get hired?;   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Drum, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Drum, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I know everything that was needed for the position with experience but didn't qualify because they needed someone from 11-7:30 and due to having 2 kids in school and one in daycare asked for hours 9-5:30 or 10-6:30 but they said No. they couldn't change the hours so they settled for someone without experience and no kids to better themselves.

Interview Questions

• Are you qualified to work the hours 11-7:30 sometimes til 8:15?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Polk, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Polk, LA) in December 2016.

Interview

it was a telephone interview. I feel like questions do not accurately give you the character and personality of the person because they are the same questions asked on every interview no matter the job, just worded differently.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (New York, NY).

Interview

Week long background check, gives you a pass to get on before you can get your CAC card. That was an enormous hassle because no one had anything set up for me so I couldn't even get on the location to where I worked because they'd forget to give clearance. No drug test, no training.

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Newport News, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

Human resource department setup face to face interview with department manager and supervisor. Interview was laid back, average questions made the process easy. I knew I had the job 5 minutes into the interview. Got a call from HR the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions. Tell us about yourself, strength / weaknesses etc.   Answer Question

Senior Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nellis AFB, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Nellis AFB, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

1 on 1 interview with a supervisor. The supervisor asks about 6 open open ended questions and then follows with easy yes or no questions. It seems like the supervisor is the "middle man" and relays all of your answers to management. The supervisor doesn't make the hiring decision. Personally, I think this is too much for a basic store employee position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an upset customer and retained their business.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Drum, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Drum, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. I got asked about my work experience and my likes and dislikes within the job. There were also questions about my personal ethics, especially when dealing with co-workers and bosses, and questions about the level of stress I think I can keep under control.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (El Paso, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for months, finally got a call asking for an interview time in September. Went in for an interview was pretty easy. Asked where I worked before also questions on task that I would be doing. If you are military affiliated it's a higher chance to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went all out to help an customer.   1 Answer

Retail Electronic Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in July 2016.

Interview

Was called for interview 2 hours prior. Arrived 15 minutes early and was not interviewed until 10 minutes after appointment time. Did not get the warm, fuzzies from the lady interviewing. It was almost like she had better things to do.

Interview Questions

The pay was not enough to cover childcare.