Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.0

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eielson AFB, AK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Eielson AFB, AK) in May 2016.

Interview

You sit there with the supervisor to the position and another person working the same job. They asked for your basic qualifications. What makes you different from other people. Why you should get the job. What were your weaknesses.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

Horrible, took out a sheet of questions from their desk asked them one by one towards the end, I was asked a question I previously answered then the person said oh nevermind we went over that, then the phone rang the person interviewing answered and excused themselves. This was not an interview per say it was a check in a box to say they interviewed people. They knew who they wanted before I interviewed. Was told HR would call in two weeks, that time has come and go and no email or phone call.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Java Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Met at college career fair. Within a week had a comprehensive phone interview which was part technical, part skills and previous projects. They were very interested in Java Experience as well as other OOP knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Experience with Eclipse IDE, HTML, CSS, coding practices and structures.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Sill, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Sill, OK) in October 2015.

Interview

April Nachman interviewed me and I felt at ease with her. She stuck to her word when we set the meeting times for interviews. She answered any questions that I had about the company well and was clear on what duties I would be performing should I be hired. There was a background check and a drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a time where I had a bad day at work and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Human Resource Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Irwin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Irwin, CA).

Interview

I was already with the company when I applied for the HR position. But I still had to apply online. Received 1st interview with HR Manager. My 2nd interview consisted of me giving a presentation in front of a 6 person panel including HR Manager. 3rd Interview was with the HR Manager.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Tacoma, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

Went to the interview 20 mins early and it lasted for 15 mins. The person who was interviewing me was really friendly. At first he talked about the job and what to expect. Then he proceeded to ask me questions about my experiences. Overall, the whole interview was basic.

Inventory Control Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

My interview was at like 1:30, I got to the office around 1:15, I wasn't see by the store manager until 2. She knew I was there at 1:15, but didn't bother to come out of her office to let me know that theres a delay, or something else. I thought that was unprofessional. However, the store manager was nice. I could tell she really enjoyed her job. They were in need of someone and with only like 3 questions asked, she hired me on the spot.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I came at the Express 25 minutes earlier than my appointment. The supervisor did not take time, she interviewed me right away. It took like 10 to 20 minutes. She discussed everything about the job. After the interview, she told me that the HR will call me. Still waiting for the call.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose AAFES.
      What are my goals.
      Tell me about yourself.
      Do you have customer relation experience   Answer Question

Store Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Belvoir, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Belvoir, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was ok the first one but they lady lied and said she would call but didn't. So I got another call from my manager who left to move to Japan but she was great and nothing but the best. I got the job n start a week after. Paper work was a lot a little

Interview Questions

• So tell me bout yours
      What made you apply for the main exchange   1 Answer

Negotiation

Go for it it's a nice job. Just don't let no one walk over you. Do your job as needed

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process. After applying, you'll get a call from the supervisor from whichever store you're applying for within a week or two. Sooner if they're short staffed. You'll have your interview with either the supervisor of that store or the main manager. If hired, they'll call you later that day.