Army and Air Force Exchange Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.0

Senior Sales Associate (PowerZone) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Drum, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Fort Drum, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

A couple days after applying on July 4th I received a call from the supervisor asking to come in the same day for an interview. Went in and she asked very general customer service questions. Tested what I knew about the products and general experiences. It was very casual. Another week later I got a call with a job offer. They conducted a background check that took two weeks and I was working within the month.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a group of customers that were a combination of those in your department and from other departments that need help?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online(friday) for a store associate position at the Side Express. Then I contacted a woman at the Airman Family Readiness Center who has been helping me with my job search and she put in a good word for me. I got a call that same day only a few hours after I applied. An interview was set up for monday morning at the BX. I dressed business casual and showed up 10 min early. I gave the interviewer a copy of my resume and I was asked about 4-5 questions about previous work(responsibilities), cashier experience, why I left my last job, my availability etc. I was offered the job on the spot!

Retail Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The phone interview is rather easy. They want to know what your background is -- ex. the number of employees that you supervised -- the volume of the stores you've worked in -- why you left (or want to leave) your job --- name one thing you would like to change about your current or previous company -- what strengths do you have that would be a good fit for The Exchange. However, this is with a panel of 3 people from Human Resources and they are VERY "robotic" in their questioning and you get the sense that they don't know a thing about retail and that they don't care about their applicants. I say that they don't care about their applicants because this is the 2nd time in a 5 year period that, after the phone interview, they didn't bother to get back to me like they said they would. I expect at least an email saying that they are not interested. Also, with this position, they seem to be always changing the preferred requirements for the position. What I gathered is that this is a company (especially with the HR department, that they don't know what the hec they're doing and they are best to stay away from. WalMart would be a better alternative.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview -- "name one thing you would change about your current or previous employer". This was probably the most difficult question. They want to make sure that the thing you want to change about your employer isn't something that The Exchange does.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

I had a one-on-one interview with the General Manager of the establishment. I honestly believe they intended to hire me before I came in for an interview. Yes, I was pretty confident. The General Manager proceeded to ask fundamental questions about my past work experiences, where I see myself in five years, and so on, in order to get an accurate depiction of who I am and if I am genuinely a good fit for the position. Definitely a positive experience overall. I was adequately prepared.

STORE ASSOCIATE - SHOPETTE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minot AFB, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Minot AFB, ND) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Received a phone call the following day asking me to come in for an interview the next day. The interview was short, sweet, and to the point. Was able to get in a few laughs and relative stories. Received a phone call the very next day offering me the job position. I gladly excepted.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available to work?   1 Answer

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holloman AFB, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Holloman AFB, NM) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview scheduled by the local HR Rep. Was 10 minutes early for interview and the assistant manager who was supposed to interview me didn't even know that she had interviews scheduled for that day. She said "ok, we'll just wing it" and as we proceeded to the office the HR rep came walking in attended the interview also. This was my second interview for this position, I was one of the top 2 for the position previously and was not selected. All female staff at this location.

Interview Questions

• "Do you have a problem working around a bunch of women"? (this is not a joke, the assistant manager actually asked me this in front of the HR rep.)   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy. Few simple questions. The complete process took approximately 1 month. I received a call a week later with an offer and accepted the offer. Then attended to a training.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Carlisle, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was incredibly quick, all happened within a day. They did not inform me of the true work details leaving me confused and ill equipped to perform my position. No discussion over pay, benefits, or time off.

Import Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with HR about 2 weeks after submitting my application online. I then was invited for an on-site interview with the hiring manager. A week later I returned for a second interview with the hiring manager as well as the 1st line manager. After the second interview, I was told I should hear back from them within a week or so.
    The HR rep called to offer me the position I applied for about a week later. After I verbally accepted the offer, the official offer letter was sent to me by email.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with another employee in the group if you are taking their job?
      How did you hear about this company and job?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Army and Air Force Exchange.

Interview

I received a phone call after applying online for the position. The phone call was fairly brief, and I was invited for an interview at the HR department on base. The interviewer asked basic questions on how I would function in various customer/co-worker situations.

Interview Questions

• If you have an angry customer, how do you deal with this person?   Answer Question