AroundCampus Interview Questions in Chapel Hill, NC | Glassdoor

2.7

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

Pretty short and easy interview. The first interview was set questions and you recorded yourself answering. The second interview was a Skype interview and I was asked to give a sales pitch.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two individuals in the marketing department, the campaign manager and business development manager. The interviews were straightforward and the individuals were enthusiastic and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about marketing in general and with AroundCampus?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied after attending a career fair. I was then asked for an interview the following day. Over the next couple of weeks, I had a skype interview as well as a phone interview.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Behavioral and Situational Questions. People are friendly. Study sales process and have a good idea what you will offer the company. Overall, be yourself because sales is not for everyone

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was very personal. They were interested in showing off the community of young professionals that contribute to the company. It was a marathon interview with little time between meetings, as everyone seemed to be busy.

Interview Questions

• What would be your goal in the first two weeks on the job?   1 Answer

Publishing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

You submit your resume through an online form on the AroundCampus website. They will get in contact with you within one or two weeks if they'd like interview you. Local applicants come into the Chapel Hill office, but they use Skype and phone interviews for applicants who live farther away. There is a vocal interview and a short quiz (in the Production Department interview) to determine your skill strengths (proofing, designing, editing, etc).

Interview Questions

• What unique skills or perspectives do you bring to the AroundCampus office?   Answer Question
    • How do you exemplify the AroundCampus brand?   Answer Question

Publishing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company website, and was then contacted three days later to interview. I only had one interview, and it was in office. As soon as I got there I had to take a writing test. It wasn't too bad it was on basic grammar and formatting. I interviewed with two different people simultaneously. They were both very nice and very laid back. They asked me some behavioral questions and wanted me to talk about my work experience. This interview is much more like a laid back conversation than a stuffy formal interview. They aren't trying to trip you up.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?
      What is one instance you had to use team work in your life?
      Describe a time you dealt with conflict and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting, and had an interview over Skype that lasted about thirty minutes. The interviewer was very friendly, and seemed like he was used to talking to college students. However, he was a bit condescending. They asked pretty standard questions, like why I wanted to work there, what my sales experience was like, etc. They also asked about long-term career goals.

Interview Questions

• Practical question: Imagine you're selling our product to [insert your favorite campus restaurant]. What would you say?   Answer Question

Sales Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a very energetic and friendly interviewing process. There were a lot of situational and personality type questions, as well as past experience and skills overview. There was an initial phone call, then a skype interview, then I received a phone call a few days later asking if I would like to join the team.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed. One must have worked with AC as an Outside Sales Representative (not always the case.) AC likes to move the interns up the ranks because of their knowledge of the company. I was interviewed by two individuals that I worked with before and they would ask me a series of questions and report back to the hiring managers and claim their case to have me on the team.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the interns that you may potentially manage?   1 Answer