AroundCampus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.5

Summer Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Raleigh, NC) in February 2009.

Interview

I was approached by a representative at a career fair at my university. They asked me on the spot to schedule an interview and within a week we met to have a one on one interview. Advice to others: this company/position is decievingly laid back. I expected an informal, get to know you kind of interview because of the nature of the position and the personality of the recruiters. The recruiters/managers were very nice but the interview was intense so be prepared! After this they conduct a written interview via email which is more low pressure and easier to swallow.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one interesting fact not work related about yourself and explain   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you set a goal and did not reach it, how did you handle/overcome that?   Answer Question
    • What would your friends compliment you on?   1 Answer
    • What would your friends be likely to criticize you about?   Answer Question

The position was commission based and in a down economy it is not good to be selling less than stellar advertisements to businesses that are barely staying afloat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Wilmington, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on-campus the day after meeting representatives at a career fair. Felt like a very professional interview unlike other laid-back interviews I have experienced recently. Interviewers took notes the entire time but were very attentive. Mainly asked standard interview questions but threw in a couple curve balls. This is an interview you want to be prepared for.

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

-Virtual Interview(Pre-Recorded Questions) requiring a webcam
    -Online Personality Assessment evaluating preferences and tendencies
    -30-45 minute in-person interview with recruiting manager
    -Follow-up Questionaire and review of in-person interview
    **Interviewing process is selective and competitive, but made the position(internship) even more desirable. Management positions require in-person interviews with each department through a round-table questionaire. Individuals must be prepared.

Interview Questions

• No question in particular. Must have stories and experiences to elaborate on during interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

Originally, I sent in my resume via email. Then I received an email from the Regional Manager asking me to complete a virtual interview. The virtual interview was I believe about 6 questions, with 2 minutes to answer, and 2 attempts on each. Then my Regional Manager called me and asked me a few questions over the phone. The final step was to complete a survey about the process. Within 2 weeks, I received a phone call with my offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. All the terms were very reasonable.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

Face to face interview. Then one week of training in North Carolina

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Stockton, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They happened to host an interview at my university so I got a face to face interview. I met with 2 interviewers. The overall atmosphere was pretty comfortable and friendly. I was asked some pretty common interview questions, then asked me to sell them an ad spot on the back of a school calendar.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this ad spot on the school calendar?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Fresno, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It's a three step interview. After applying through the site, I was asked to submit a recorded video interview. Step two involves a live Skype interview with the regional manager, followed by step 3 which is a written response to why I'd be a great fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting, and had an interview over Skype that lasted about thirty minutes. The interviewer was very friendly, and seemed like he was used to talking to college students. However, he was a bit condescending. They asked pretty standard questions, like why I wanted to work there, what my sales experience was like, etc. They also asked about long-term career goals.

Interview Questions

• Practical question: Imagine you're selling our product to [insert your favorite campus restaurant]. What would you say?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Behavioral and Situational Questions. People are friendly. Study sales process and have a good idea what you will offer the company. Overall, be yourself because sales is not for everyone

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

Applied online, they called the next week to setup a phone interview, and then eventually a FaceTime interview. Everyone I talked to was very excited and positive. They responded in a timely manner and offered me within a few weeks of my interview.