AroundCampus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.5

Summer Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Raleigh, NC) in February 2009.

Interview

I was approached by a representative at a career fair at my university. They asked me on the spot to schedule an interview and within a week we met to have a one on one interview. Advice to others: this company/position is decievingly laid back. I expected an informal, get to know you kind of interview because of the nature of the position and the personality of the recruiters. The recruiters/managers were very nice but the interview was intense so be prepared! After this they conduct a written interview via email which is more low pressure and easier to swallow.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one interesting fact not work related about yourself and explain   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you set a goal and did not reach it, how did you handle/overcome that?   Answer Question
    • What would your friends compliment you on?   1 Answer
    • What would your friends be likely to criticize you about?   Answer Question

The position was commission based and in a down economy it is not good to be selling less than stellar advertisements to businesses that are barely staying afloat.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Wilmington, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on-campus the day after meeting representatives at a career fair. Felt like a very professional interview unlike other laid-back interviews I have experienced recently. Interviewers took notes the entire time but were very attentive. Mainly asked standard interview questions but threw in a couple curve balls. This is an interview you want to be prepared for.

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

-Virtual Interview(Pre-Recorded Questions) requiring a webcam
    -Online Personality Assessment evaluating preferences and tendencies
    -30-45 minute in-person interview with recruiting manager
    -Follow-up Questionaire and review of in-person interview
    **Interviewing process is selective and competitive, but made the position(internship) even more desirable. Management positions require in-person interviews with each department through a round-table questionaire. Individuals must be prepared.

Interview Questions

• No question in particular. Must have stories and experiences to elaborate on during interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

Originally, I sent in my resume via email. Then I received an email from the Regional Manager asking me to complete a virtual interview. The virtual interview was I believe about 6 questions, with 2 minutes to answer, and 2 attempts on each. Then my Regional Manager called me and asked me a few questions over the phone. The final step was to complete a survey about the process. Within 2 weeks, I received a phone call with my offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. All the terms were very reasonable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2012.

Interview

Face to face interview. Then one week of training in North Carolina

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

The interview was not too hard. Met the district manager at a cafe and had the interview there. I was able to make it pass the interview and was called back for a job. Be prepared to answer why you want to do sales

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2016.

Interview

Good process. Took about 3 weeks. First I applied online, then I had a brief phone screening interview with a district manager, then I had an hour-long Skype interview with the same manager and was called with an offer about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• "Would you consider yourself to be a competitive person?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Duluth, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Your first interview is via a platform similar to Skype. Where you are asked a series of questions, and are given a minute to answer each. During the in person interview the area sales manager will ask you to demonstrate/sell the print platform to him/her, in order to get a feel of your selling techniques/capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Now that I have explained the benefits of our platform to you, can you now sell/demonstrate this product to me?   Answer Question
    • Tell me some of your experience working with teams.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Flagstaff, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic and easy. Asked about background and why I wanted to do sales. Also made it clear about how hard cold-calling is and if I was okay with facing rejection every day.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Ithaca, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was very quick. First they called randomly to ask a few questions and set up the real interview which was on skpye and lasted about 45min. The interview was very casual yet very efficient and to the point. It was clear that the interviewer had sales experience because he was trying to sell the company as he interviewed.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me an advertising space in this planner?   Answer Question