AroundCampus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AroundCampus Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

THE interview will be via Skype . You will need to dress in business attire . It will be lots of questions about how you work in group settings and you will have to do a mock of a selling experience . To be honest , you could honestly enter the program and not even be a student & they wouldn't even know .

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

Phone call screening, then simple email acceptance. There really wasn't very much of a process and I think it was a last minute hire. Over all it was very easy and the actual description of the job was very vague. I was aware of the position, but if you're not aware, it's very much an outside sales position. knock on doors and ask for managers.

Sales Representative SummerProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Berkeley, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application and heard back from Wells Fargo pretty quickly. I applied from the campus system. I was notified through email for an interview and the whole interview process was really chill and I was comfortable. The interviewer was really nice. Overall the interview was really easy and asked most behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      Tell me about yourself
      Tell me a time when you are working under stress
      Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Charlotte, NC) in February 2010.

Interview

Unfortunately, I thought it would be more advertising marketing. Instead it is pure sales. The company seemed great thought. My interviewer was very enthusiastic and stressed that I would gain great work experience, get a great recommendation and find a job quickly (all upon completion of the program). This would be a great program for someone who was interested in sales.

Interview Questions

• We are interviewing many students for this position, why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • List three strengths and 2 weaknesses. And name a time when you set a goal and were unsuccessful.   Answer Question

I did not want to spend a summer selling ad space - although the potential networking and skills made is quite tempting.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AroundCampus in June 2009.

Interview

I met the regional sales director at a career fair and he asked me to come in for an interview the next day. The interview was very straightforward, he was impressed how I emphasized my good quality of persistence (something very important in sales). it's important to just appear excited and enthusiastic about the position.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2010.

Interview

Typical questions regarding experience, plus if any in sales or marketing. Checking to see if you have necessary confidence to speak with business owners/managers. Looking for candidates who display charisma and upbeat attitude. In the end, it was not hard, this company is always looking for people, they value more people.

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a response when a manager or store owner says 'no' to your request in selling a particular product?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2012.

Interview

The interviewer called me after receiving my resume through my school's online recruiting service. The first time she called was just to offer the interview and give some background on the company. She was very polite and told me how she had interned in the same position she was interviewing me for. After letting me decide when would be a good time to conduct the phone interview (I just told her a day and asked when she was available that day), she continued to tell me more about her experience as an intern. She called promptly at the time we had decided for the interview, and she was very polite then as well. The questions she asked were all questions that people had posted on this site, so definitely take a look at those and be prepared!

Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

I submitted my resume, and a few weeks later received an email with interview slot options. I chose five time slots that worked for me, and they emailed me back with specifics. The office was very laid back with a business casual dress code. It was definitely a young office. I sat in a room with two interviewers. First they gave me a three page editing test (i.e. matching fonts to businesses, correcting sample ads, etc.). Then they asked me questions. The questions were pretty basic and easy to come up with answers on the fly. Nothing too major.

Interview Questions

• The hardest part for me was that on the last page of the little editing test there were commonly misspelled words, and I had to choose the right spelling based on the context of the sentence.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They called me and gave me a week to decide if I wanted it. I called them a week later and accepted the job. Then I just had to go in and sign some paperwork.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

Fairly simple consisted of a half hour phone interview

Outside Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Harrisonburg, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

A campus organization hosted a networking banquet where I met the UD recruiter for my region. She was extremely nice, outgoing, personable, and knowledgeable about the position. I gave her my resume and followed up the day after to express my interest in the position. I went through an online interview, a personality test, a phone interview, and a final in-person interview on campus.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself" is always the hardest.   1 Answer
    • "How do you stay organized in your daily life?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Pay is commission-based.