AroundCampus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.5

Outside Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Harrisonburg, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

A campus organization hosted a networking banquet where I met the UD recruiter for my region. She was extremely nice, outgoing, personable, and knowledgeable about the position. I gave her my resume and followed up the day after to express my interest in the position. I went through an online interview, a personality test, a phone interview, and a final in-person interview on campus.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself" is always the hardest.   1 Answer
    • "How do you stay organized in your daily life?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Pay is commission-based.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. The interviewer asked me about things on my resume, especially my internship from last summer. She also asked what about me will other people criticize and praise for. Then she did a mock sale with me about my favorite restaurant around campus. What I need to do was trying to sell an advertisement spot to that restaurant.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. The questions were all pretty straightforward. However, you do need to be very energetic and enthusiastic.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

Met the recruiter at the job fair and then set up an interview at the school then was called by the recruiter and told I was given the Sales Team Leader position.

Interview Questions

• Role playing on how I would sell their product to a client   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AroundCampus in February 2013.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and got contacted immediately. I had to fill out a personality test and an online video interview. Met with the recruiter at my school's career fair and signed up for an interview time the following day. Had my 30 minute interview and got an offer two days later. It was a pretty standard interview with some small talk, a few questions, and then time for the interviewee to ask questions. The whole process took about 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Roleplay a sales scenario (mine was supposed to be selling a spot in the planner so I talked about how large the university is, how often students use the planners, etc.)

How do you handle rejection?

Tell me about a time you failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AroundCampus (State College, PA).

Interview

recruited on campus, one round of interviewing, very interested in keeping in contact regarding questions and hiring/interview process

Interview Questions

• sell a restaurant an advertising space in our planner. What would you say if we said we already spent our advertising budget? How do you handle being told no.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

I got contacted by email then we exchanged emails for a few days until I was told to submit the app online. Afterwards, I got invited to a phone interview then a video-recorded interview then a skype interview. After a few days I got offered the internship.

Interview Questions

• pick your favorite restaurant & try to sell a product to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted, but after going through training I wish I would've decline the offer. It was nothing like I thought it was going to be & the whole thing is scripted. I felt like they pitched me a sale & sold me on their business, only telling me the good to feed me in. They didn't say how much work it would actually be & how long & tiring the training is. I got no sleep at training so afterwards when I got back to my hometown I quit the internship.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Next, I had a virtual interview. There were videos played of employees asking questions. I was then recorded and had 2 minutes to answer the question. This part was stressful and weird. Next, I had a Skype interview with my regional manager. My RM made me feel very comfortable and super excited for the position. I had a really good feeling about how the interview went. Next, I was emailed about the position being offered.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult of unexpected. I felt like all of the questions were basic interview questions that you hear about often.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2013.

Interview

I interviewed online by answering a couple questions about myself and why I could be sales person. After my interview online I met with the recruiter from my area and they went more in depth about the internship. After that I got hired and was invited to attend a week long training in North Carolina that was all paid for.
    No drug test.

Interview Questions

• What is AroundCampus?
      What skills do you have that make you a sales person?
      Can you handle rejection?   Answer Question

Sales Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at AroundCampus in April 2014.

Interview

Interview was set up at my college's career fair and then was later conducted on campus. Questions were about views on leadership, personality, and the ability to sell something arbitrary (like a pen). Interviewer was young and very nice so it makes you feel more at ease rather than being interviewed by someone much older than yourself.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

I got the interview after speaking to a gentlemen at my school's career showcasing event. At the career showcase I simply approached a representative from AroundCampus and he told me about the Outside Sales Representative internship position. I got a call on the same day to schedule an interview for the following day. The interview was extremely chill, as it felt very conversational and not like I was being interrogated