AroundCampus Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.6

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied after attending a career fair. I was then asked for an interview the following day. Over the next couple of weeks, I had a skype interview as well as a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AroundCampus

Anonymous Employee in Martin, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Martin, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

Did a phone interview followed by a pre-recorded online interview. After that I did several Skype interviews. The Skype interviews didn't feel forced felt like a regular conversation but they covered all their bases. Gave you plenty of time to convince them you were the right person for the job and gave you time to ask al the questions you have.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses.
      Tell me about a time you had to sell someone something
      Tell me about a time you had to overcome an obstacle and how you overcame it
      Asks you how you would sell a specific ad (shown during interview)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Washington, DC) in December 2014.

Interview

Several Online interviews and it took place over several weeks. They were very friendly and have a very young and enthusiastic workbase. I have no bad things to say about the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• If I were a dentist, how would you pitch me an advertisement for my business?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus (East Lansing, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online through my college's job/career finding website. Received email from the recruiter/regional manager that set up a Skype interview. The interview lasted from 45 minutes to an hour and took a test where I chose between 2 words that better described myself (Personality Quiz). Got to know the basics of my day-to-day and what I should expect.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Columbus, OH) in May 2013.

Interview

I had one phone interview followed by a pre recorded Online web cam interview that was rather awkward having to talk to no one. The recruiter was very nice and called me back a few days after the web cam interview to offer me the position. Overall, it was a pretty smooth process

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AroundCampus.

Interview

The interview process was quick for me. I applied online and received a call that day. After a few short answers I had an online virtual interview followed by a skype interview. After those were completed I was called two weeks later and hired.

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus (College Park, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was for the most part pretty typical. The one thing that I found to be particularly difficult was the pre-recorded interview that I had. I did not like it very much because it did not allow me to build rapport or talk to a real person. Instead there seemed to be a lot more pressure because I was not talk to a human but rather a pre-recored interviewer.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I faced in my interview was to describe my most embarrassing moment. I had never heard this asked in an interview before so I was not expecting it. I was unsure of what to say but didn't want to take too long to respond. Luckily I remembered an embarrassing event from a few weeks prior so I just told that story.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2009.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. You need to have high energy and be prepared to do a mock sales call during the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AroundCampus in March 2010.

Interview

This is a job for someone that is willing to work hard for their paycheck and not expecting anything to be given to them. The interview process consisted of multiple questions asking how you would handle different situations. You also have to give an example of a sales pitch. I was asked to give a sales pitch about my favorite meal.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite meal? Now convince me to go purchase that meal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was strictly commission.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AroundCampus (Raleigh, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

It wasn't very hard. The interviewer was really friendly. Because this is a sales job, she did ask me to sell her an advertising space during the interview. I told her that I might not have experience in sales at that time and she said it doesn't matter, she just wanted to see how well I could do.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation