Arriva Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

2.4

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Arriva (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The assessment was split in 3 stages. The first one was a presentation, in my case I had to choose a London Overground station and prepare a SWOT analysis. This stage lasted 25 minutes, 15 minutes for the PowerPoint presentation and 10 for Q&A. The second stage was a role play, Q&A based on the role play and a report following the role play. The time allocated for this assessment was split in 15 minutes for preparation, 20 minutes for the role play, 5-10 minutes for Q&A and 20 minutes to write the report. The third stage was a face to face, competency questions based interview that lasted around 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Competency based interview (How did you deal with ...?)   Answer Question

ERP Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Arriva (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

General chat about my previous experience. A brief explanation of the project I will be involved in and what I will be doing. Discussion about start date and my notice period in previous role. The interview was lead by an agency representative including a panel of people who were project managers.

Interview Questions

• A brief introduction and my testing experience in general.   1 Answer

Finance Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arriva (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Simple online application with cover letter and CV, followed by online assessments. After this I had a 30 min telephone interview, before I was invited to the assessment centre, which consisted of a group exercise, prepared presentation and 1:1.

Interview Questions

• Why Arriva?   Answer Question
    • If you were given €50m, how would you allocate it?   Answer Question
    • What difficulties do you see in the future for Arriva in satisfying its strategy, in terms of environmental regulations, industrial action, etc?   Answer Question

Operations Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arriva (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for the role and had a telephone interview a week later. Easy telephone interview, I was asked if I could make an assessment centre in two weeks and told I would have a decision within a day. Called back the next day and the London assessment centre has now been filled. On a Friday I was asked if I could make the next assessment centre in Derby which was on the Monday and Tuesday. Informed they would be back in touch by the end of day but nothing heard from them since.

Arriva use a 3rd party agency to conduct the initial interviews. They didn't seem to know much about the role other than the details on the JD. Once they had the assessment centres filled they don't get in touch.

Interview Questions

• Basic telephone interview based on competency questions   1 Answer

Professional Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arriva (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Fast and smooth. They need man-force.
    It is all about, you can do the job safely or not. Have basic good manner, an ability to drive, and lots of patience towards to your passengers. its not the job where you can freak out, or ask for break. They will try on you during the training, and send you away if you havent got thick skin on your face.

Interview Questions

• If I have full manual driving licence, with no more than 6(?) points   1 Answer

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arriva (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Before you get an interview you will need to complete a highway code test as well as English and Numerical tests. You will also need to take a driving test before the interview. Once you get an interview you will be asked very basic interview questions. If you get through the process they will then verify your drivers record.

Interview Questions

• What made think about joining us?   1 Answer

Cross Country General Management Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Arriva (Birmingham, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Started with an application form, then online tests, a video interview, and finally an assessment day which included 1 interview, 1 presentation, 1 group exercise and 1 role play. Lots to prepare but it was fairly competitive, 330 applicants, 9 shortlisted to assessment day. They were hiring 1 or 2 grads. Very supportive throughout, expenses paid, food and drink supplied all day, gave some constructive feedback 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Competency e.g. Explain a time you used leadership skills   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arriva in August 2014.

Interview

It was a good process. It involved completing a case study.
    The case study itself was fairly straightforward. All of it was excel based. So you had to complete a set of excel tasks. Such as pivot tables. Vlookups, hlookups.

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arriva (Guildford, England (UK)) in September 2008.

Interview

I wrote to the depot in Guildford received an interview date and was hired there and then
    I had to learn how to drive a Bus, which was an eight week course with driving test afterwards, I then was able to drive buses but then had to learn the routes.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none, I was hired the day of the interview