Arrow Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

182 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO).

Interview

I must say I am disappointed in the company as a whole. I have been continuously referred to apply by multiple employees within the company and for the past year and a half each time I apply they send me an email the next day that they have cancelled the position. This time I had a phone interview and the next day received an email stating they were no longer filling the position.. Maybe I will apply again in a few years.

Senior UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter then a phone screen with hiring manager then asked for times to come on-site and meet team.

I received an email, phone call, voice message, and a text all at 9:58am asking if I was going to make the 10am interview that she forgot to confirm with me.

Sorry for the hyperbole, but this was possibly the worst interaction with a recruiter I have ever had at any company ever. I had to follow up multiple times at each step of the process. She would disappear and not respond until the 2nd or 3rd follow up email from me each time until she just didn't respond anymore.

I get the sense they do not respect their candidates time at all or perhaps they expect people to drop everything they are doing and rush over. If they treat potential employees like this before they are hired I don't want to imagine how they treat them afterwards.

Recruiters represent your company, I'd make sure they aren't doing it harm.

Interview Questions

• Can you come into the office for an interview at 10am. (asked me at 9:58am)   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics in August 2017.

Interview

Got an email asking if I'd be available for a phone interview, I accepted. I never received a call at the scheduled time. Waited around for an hour for the call and assumed the manager had forgotten. Tried emailing and didn't receive a response. Received a generic email from the recruiting team 4 hours later stating that they were no longer considering my application. If you're going to schedule phone interviews with applicants, probably don't make them wait around only for you to never call and then send them a rejection email hours later. Horribly unprofessional, inconvenient, and inconsiderate.

ERP Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a quick process and the provide feedback quickly if it is yes or No .
    They do not make you wait long for the decisions.
    It is great environment I believe to work for.

Interview Questions

• All questions related to your resume and the job description nothing out of the box.   Answer Question

HR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Total of 4 interviews ( phone screening , manager/team members and met with director). Very positive experience . The timing for my position went as expected 4-5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a difficult situation , what your role was and the outcome ?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

This company provided the worst HR experience I've ever witnessed. After having a short call with the hr associate and then hiring manager I was asked to come on site. I told them I am not local, they'll need to fly me in. I was asked to do a skype instead. 1 Skype. Not 4 in a row. I was asked my availability, and then never received a schedule until I followed up with them again a week later to say my availability has changed. That availability was ignored because it was "really hard to reschedule" and the manager didn't want to- even though I had no clue or communication when the 2 hour interview would be. It is not my problem your job is SO hard to accommodate the talent you are trying to attract, Steph k. Your job isn't hard. My job is hard. Scheduling between 2 different people and over 2 weeks is hard- for ME! That's your JOB. Don't complain about how inconvenient it is to take your candidates schedule into consideration. Ever. I was given a schedule for 4 Skype interviews in a row the DAY BEFORE they were supposed to happen, at a time I told them I was NOT available. When the people started calling, they couldn't get their Skype to work because HR screwed up that part too. Wasted time on everyone end and the most convoluted unprofessional HR experience I've ever had.

Transportation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 5 phone interviews. Screening interview with recruiter then individual interviews with hiring manager, VP, Director. Each time I was asked to provide feedback to the recruiter about the interview, which I did. Never received any feedback on my side.

Process went on for 6 weeks with no feedback or information about the process or next steps. When I finally asked where we are in the process (after 6 weeks!) the recruiter seemed offended. A week after what I guess was the final interview I sent an email to the recruiter to ask if there was any update or what next steps may be. No response. I would think that a "Fortune 150" company would have the common courtesy of letting a candidate know what is going on after 5 interviews! From what I've seen here on Glassdoor it seems to be par for the course. Would never work for a company who treats recruits this way. No offer received nor would it have been accepted.

Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics in July 2017.

Interview

One of the most unprofessional interviews I've experienced. I was an out of state candidate and was asked to come in for an in-person interview but they said they couldn't pay for the travel, lodging or transportation. This should have been my first clue. But to show I was seriously interested, I covered the cost to travel. I met with 2-3 people for about 30-45 minutes each. The overall questions weren't very difficult and I got the impression that this was more of a check box interview and they had someone in mind already. I tried to ask questions about the specific work and got generic answers. I asked about timeframe to fill the role and got even more generic answers. I've followed up but haven't received any answers. Honestly don't waste your time here. If this is how the communication is now I can only imagine how terrible it is when working there. It also seemed like there was a lot of turnover in this specific area

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Arlington, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Standard Interview Process. I was asked, through email, to respond to several questions in regards to experience. Several days later I was scheduled for a phone interview. About a week after that I had an in-person interview. The interview process was well thought out. Instead of having 2 or 3 in-person interviews they did them all at once. The interview did take 3 hours as I might with all levels of management but, I only had to drive there once.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions, none really stuck out at me.   Answer Question

Principal Security Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO).

Interview

Multiple rounds of phone screens then onsite interviews. One onsite visit. Multiple SME interviewers. Very thorough process. Information on company culture and needs. HR was not involved at all other than recruiter setting up interviews.