Arrow Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arrow Electronics Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.7

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

This company provided the worst HR experience I've ever witnessed. After having a short call with the hr associate and then hiring manager I was asked to come on site. I told them I am not local, they'll need to fly me in. I was asked to do a skype instead. 1 Skype. Not 4 in a row. I was asked my availability, and then never received a schedule until I followed up with them again a week later to say my availability has changed. That availability was ignored because it was "really hard to reschedule" and the manager didn't want to- even though I had no clue or communication when the 2 hour interview would be. It is not my problem your job is SO hard to accommodate the talent you are trying to attract, Steph k. Your job isn't hard. My job is hard. Scheduling between 2 different people and over 2 weeks is hard- for ME! That's your JOB. Don't complain about how inconvenient it is to take your candidates schedule into consideration. Ever. I was given a schedule for 4 Skype interviews in a row the DAY BEFORE they were supposed to happen, at a time I told them I was NOT available. When the people started calling, they couldn't get their Skype to work because HR screwed up that part too. Wasted time on everyone end and the most convoluted unprofessional HR experience I've ever had.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gahanna, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Gahanna, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

I was asked to make a slide show outlining a technical problem that I solved at work, but it was just a formality since they refuse promote people. They had already picked their candidate before the application process was opened.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply knowing what I stated above?   1 Answer

Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Englewood, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Many layers of phone screenings to get through. Use of Skype and multiple-participant interviews held over webcams. Face-to-face interviews scheduled for wrong offices (Arrow has many locations in my town). Employees conducting interviews were not familiar with job requirements or content area.

Interview Questions

• What is shared pool connectivity?   1 Answer

Jul 17, 2015 – Recruiting Program Lead

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We apologize for complications during your interview process. However, it looks like things worked out for the best because you accepted the offer!

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied through online.3 interview process,written test,group discussion,face to face offer declined,

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Englewood, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview followed by one on one interview with the manager.
    The manager was laid back, didnt grill much on technical questions.The HR was helpful and prompt in replying to my questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, past experience, skill set etc.
      The hkg bjhgkj jklhjgh jklhj   Answer Question

BI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Got referred by an existing employee. Had 3 interviews. 1 phone screening with HR , 1 technical screening with the reporting Manager, 1 with the team I would be working with.
    The interview was a blend of technical and behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Give reason why would you choose SQL server over oracle and vice versa.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

Started with an assessment, then met with multiple managers. They have a very cold and mechanical process. Not necessarily bad, and I'm not saying they did anything wrong in any way, but it was very off-putting and I wish I had known what to expect. You go in, you get escorted to a computer to take a test. You get 45 minutes, I finished in under 30, so I was escorted to a room where I waited until the 45 minutes was up. The manager who led me there said someone would come and interview me, but he wasn't sure who. I was told I'd be meeting with HIM, but no. You get 30 minutes FLAT with each interviewer and then they politely stand up and end their interview. I was given a chance to ask literally 1 or 2 questions only, but it was clear that I was overstaying my welcome when I did. When my time was up I was led to the door and it was over. I was reeling to be honest. I had no idea what had just happened. It was all so quick and rote. I don't want this to sound unfair to them, they were polite and professional. But it was little things, like when I say I was escorted to a room, I was literally escorted- the person walking in front of me, talking to me as little as possible. I promise the first manager I met couldn't pick me out of a lineup.

Another odd thing is that they didn't know what position I was interviewing for. They just have a bunch of managers meet you and if they like you they match you with an opening. So they can't/won't get into detail about the role, how you'd fit, what they're looking for, or the usual interview conversation topics. Usually, when you're interviewing they have a specific position, are looking for a specific fit, and a specific skill set, and they want to know if YOU are that person. This place is just different. Judging by the size of that department, I bet these managers do 10-20 interviews a month, and they have an efficient system for cranking through them and finding what they're looking for. It's set up to be very efficient for them to find what they want, not to give the candidate a great look at the company.

What I wish I had known before- when your time is up, the interviewer is going to stand up and end the interview, period. So be quick and concise. Be in a hurry, because they are too. Ask your questions in the moment, you won't have time at the end, and only ask the most important ones- you don't have time for a breezy conversation. Both interviewers started with "tell me about yourself". Instead of launching a long conversation about my experience, I should have said 3 solid sentences then asked directly what they'd like to know about me. That probably would have had a much better impact.

Interview Questions

• The assessment was very thorough. Excel skills mixed with technical accounting. If you have any doubts about being ready for it, you're not ready for it. You have to be the kind of person who can talk to the difference between GAAP and IASB.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. They call to schedule for about a week out and then I spoke to a hiring manager about the position. He was pretty laid back. All In all a pretty easy interview it lasted about 30 minutes. I did not take the position I interviewed for. I decided it wasn't really what I was looking for. The hiring manager was honest and clear in regards to job responsibility he didn't sugar coat anything and made sure I knew exactly what the work I'd be doing was.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in five years   1 Answer

Aug 26, 2016 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the interview process - it sounds like things went pretty smoothly. Even though you decided not to take the role, should you find one that's a better fit, we'd... More

FAE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Boston, MA).

Interview

I had a phone interview first followed up by a couple of in person interviews with various sales and regional technical managers. The process did take a while in order to be thourough. Also, questions were asked pertaining to various suppliers that would be supported in this position. Lastly, questions were asked regarding interpersonal skills. All this was done in order to better understand technical aptitude and interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions

Arrow Electronics Response

Aug 30, 2016 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review - we're excited to be working with you! Welcome aboard.

Backroom Function Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newmarket, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Newmarket, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

1. Phone discussion of role with recruitment manager
    2. Competency based interview with hiring manager - fair and consistent scoring, linked to the company values
    3. Presentation on job/industry related matter with divisional Director. Discussion of presentation and CV, and opportunities for candidate questions.
    4. Offered role
    - Process completed with 3 weeks from CV submission to offer!

Interview Questions

• Standard competency based
      CV discussion   1 Answer