Arrow Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.7

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very standard. One on one in an office room. First I was explained the position and what exactly I'd be doing, followed by run of the mill interview questions.

Interview Questions

• "What are you looking for in a job? What are you not looking for?   Answer Question

Business Continuity Interview

Interview

Interviews consisted of a phone screen and then onsite interviews in Colorado. The company never followed up after the onsite interviews. They had committed to reimbursing me for travel expenses but after I submitted them to the Talent Acq. contact they chose to ignore my follow up calls and emails and I have never received reimbursement.

Interview Questions

• They were expecting someone who had managed through major disasters.   1 Answer

Shipping Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Reno, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by phone and then scheduled for an interview. They called a second time to ask if I could come in earlier because they wanted to let people go early to Christmas shop. I let her know at that time that I had already accepted a job and wouldn't be interviewing with Arrow. She insisted that I give them a try...she was sure I'd love the company and they could place me. So I agreed to the earlier time and wasted my gas and time (75 miles round trip) to go to their job fair. 3 days later I received their email saying I hadn't been selected. I'm thankful they didn't select me....I would have turned it down anyway.

Interview Questions

• What are my shipping skills and experience.   1 Answer

Financial Business Analyst Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Standard Question and Answer regarding personal and professional background, SQL, excel, access, and financial knowledge. interviewer would have been a direct manager for the position. Interviewer was pleasant and had a good tone and seemed interested throughout. I followed up via email after interview however I did not receive an offer or any feedback regarding next steps except for a canned response from HR.

Human Resources Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics in November 2016.

Interview

A phone screen that lasted 12 minutes. Job discussed did not match the posting. No skills were assessed, the only questions were why I left my past jobs over a 25 year period! Recruiter was unable to answer basic questions I asked based on the posting (she hadn't read it). No follow up. The applicant experience was very poor.

Interview Questions

Arrow Electronics Response

Feb 1, 2017 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Sorry to hear about your interview with Arrow. We continually strive to be a best in class HR/Recruiting team, and it is always disheartening to learn that any of our candidates did not have a good... More

SC Solutions Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics in November 2016.

Interview

One of the most unprofessional processes I have ever done in my entire career life. To begin with, the whole process took more than 5 months. Had a screening interview with the recruiter, 2 phone interviews with the hiring manager and the VP a month later, then another month and a half later a face-to-face interview 200 miles away from my location. Great right? Well, great if they had a policy to reimburse mileage/expenses as part of the process. Thank God I did not decide to go the night before and spend more money with a hotel.
    So after 5 months with a huge expectation, I had to keep chasing them down with unanswered emails (the hiring manager not even acknowledged my thank you note, nor appreciated the fact I drove 6 hours in a day to see him) and numerous voice mails to find out what the decision was.
    I am thankful they decided to go with someone else. Experiences like that during the interview process can give you a perfect idea of what you will be facing on daily basis and definitely I don't want to work for a company like that!!

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics.

Interview

Started with an assessment, then met with multiple managers. They have a very cold and mechanical process. Not necessarily bad, and I'm not saying they did anything wrong in any way, but it was very off-putting and I wish I had known what to expect. You go in, you get escorted to a computer to take a test. You get 45 minutes, I finished in under 30, so I was escorted to a room where I waited until the 45 minutes was up. The manager who led me there said someone would come and interview me, but he wasn't sure who. I was told I'd be meeting with HIM, but no. You get 30 minutes FLAT with each interviewer and then they politely stand up and end their interview. I was given a chance to ask literally 1 or 2 questions only, but it was clear that I was overstaying my welcome when I did. When my time was up I was led to the door and it was over. I was reeling to be honest. I had no idea what had just happened. It was all so quick and rote. I don't want this to sound unfair to them, they were polite and professional. But it was little things, like when I say I was escorted to a room, I was literally escorted- the person walking in front of me, talking to me as little as possible. I promise the first manager I met couldn't pick me out of a lineup.

Another odd thing is that they didn't know what position I was interviewing for. They just have a bunch of managers meet you and if they like you they match you with an opening. So they can't/won't get into detail about the role, how you'd fit, what they're looking for, or the usual interview conversation topics. Usually, when you're interviewing they have a specific position, are looking for a specific fit, and a specific skill set, and they want to know if YOU are that person. This place is just different. Judging by the size of that department, I bet these managers do 10-20 interviews a month, and they have an efficient system for cranking through them and finding what they're looking for. It's set up to be very efficient for them to find what they want, not to give the candidate a great look at the company.

What I wish I had known before- when your time is up, the interviewer is going to stand up and end the interview, period. So be quick and concise. Be in a hurry, because they are too. Ask your questions in the moment, you won't have time at the end, and only ask the most important ones- you don't have time for a breezy conversation. Both interviewers started with "tell me about yourself". Instead of launching a long conversation about my experience, I should have said 3 solid sentences then asked directly what they'd like to know about me. That probably would have had a much better impact.

Interview Questions

• The assessment was very thorough. Excel skills mixed with technical accounting. If you have any doubts about being ready for it, you're not ready for it. You have to be the kind of person who can talk to the difference between GAAP and IASB.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview of the two was a screening. I was asked a lot of behavioral types questions and asked to talk about myself. The second interview was short and with a manager. This interview was much easier.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      what do you know about five years out?
      What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview, then 2 days later had an in-person interview.
    The company doesn't have their HR process figured out! Had 3 interviews for 3 different positions with the company within the span of 2 months:

For the first position, I was asked to provide times for the next round and after responding to the email, I didn't hear from the hiring manager for weeks. Then finally, after 3 weeks, received an email from HR stating that they hired internally.

For the second position, interviewed on the phone, then was invited to attend the next round and a week later found out they cancelled the position

For the third position, interviewed on the phone, then interviewed in person with the manager. A couple days later, found out they replaced with the position with a Sr. level analyst position.

To be honest, I had a terrible experience, as far as the processes are concerned.

Interview Questions

• Basic phone interview questions - why this job; why the company; tell us about yourself; Workplace situational questions   Answer Question

IT Project Manager III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arrow Electronics (Centennial, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Very good process with a phone interview for remote management team and face to face for local Denver area managers. I felt the interview team was very fair with their questions and honest discussions.

Interview Questions

• Describe my IT project experience for successful and unsuccessful projects.   1 Answer
    • Describe an experience and discuss how to resolved it with a difficult team member or client.   Answer Question

Arrow Electronics Response

Oct 12, 2016 – Manager, Recruitment Systems & Operations

Thanks for taking the time to share about your interviewing experience at Arrow - we are glad to hear it sounds like it was a positive experience. Although it appears this job didn't work out, please... More