Art Institute of Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 1, 2017

2.5

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online, and about a week or two later, got email for phone interview. Had phone interview, and was told about in person interview two days later. Had that as well. Thought everything went nicely. Weeks passed and did not hear anything. I initially asked in interview how long the process would take, was told they wanted someone by end of month. End of month had passed, so I decided to send my first follow-up email to inquire about the status of my application, asking if anything else was needed. Didn't hear back from hiring manager so I contacted HR. The same day, and I want to say within the same hour, was told a decision was not made yet and wouldn't be made until the end of the week. I'm thinking "end of work week," not on the weekend. Anyway, after me inquiring, then I get a response. This process was highly unprofessional, and I know for sure if I wouldn't have took the initiative to inquire about an update, I would still be left in the dark. I had put in for other positions here, but after this gruesome experience, i am withdrawing all applications from Art Institute. HR or the hiring managers here do not value potential employees' time, and their lack of value to potential employees is highly disrespectful. Be mindful when applying for positions here because if you are not selected, you will definitely feel as if your time and energy was completely WASTED. Happy job hunting elsewhere, everyone!

Interview Questions

• If hired, how would you handle complicated customer service?   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy questions and answers. I was already working for this employer for another job so it was basically a transition into a new position and they already wanted me so the interview was just a formality really. we discussed the energy and time-commitment the job requires mostly. She has already worked with these students in other classes so it was nice to know that a foundational relationship was already in place

Interview Questions

• What is your level of commitment to this job?   1 Answer

Warehouse Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Received a phone call and an email asking to schedule a phone interview. One week later, asked to come into the Loop HR office for an interview. Very friendly staff, and waited only about a half hour. From there, I had to wait to pass a background test and sent to the warehouse for an interview with the site manager. Again, a short interview. After that, about two weeks of waiting before being called in to complete final paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for this position with your level of education.   1 Answer

Territory Manager, Undergraduate Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the school's HR website. I heard back from the hiring manager about scheduling a phone interview about 10 days later. The phone interview was about 20-30 minutes with the Associate Director of UG Admissions the following week. She asked pretty standard questions, mainly wanting to know about my art background but not about my experience in the duties of this job. She seemed a bit timid also like she was young and new to the role. I was turned off to the school also because she was not friendly or relatable (not a good fit for my personality). The "pretentious" stereotype that is associated with that school was confirmed for sure.

They shouldn't even bother interviewing outside candidates if they only hire former students/graduates. It's wasting everyone's time.

Special Projects Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was already a Rover and the interview process was unexpected but seemed very important to my colleagues who had hinted at the offer a couple of weeks. I had already created reports for the hiring team and had good rapport with existing team.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to pursue a career in [fill in the blank].   1 Answer

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

They didn't tell us it was going to be a group interview, which was a little weird, but whatever. Also, one of the people I interviewed with was D/deaf and the interviewers were not expecting that, but they accommodated her as best they could and made sure she was included with the rest of the group.

Interview Questions

• How will you motivate yourself to continue to give excellent customer service every day at the museum?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First interview is with HR. Second interview is with the position's supervisor. If they are impressed, you will have a follow-up interview a day or two later with the head of your department.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online did a phone screening about a week later. Was asked to set up an in person interview but never received any confirmation. When the time came and passed for the interview I received a call saying there was miscommunication. We set up another interview and the hr personal noted that if I didn't receive confirmation to give her a call. Never received confirmation after two days so I gave her a call to which she replied "Oh no I hadn't sent it yet but you're confirmed. I'll send it this afternoon." Never received the confirmation and ended up accepting another job while all this was going on. This was not the first time I had an interview experience like this with the School of the Art Institute. I was very excited about the potential for working at the School of the Art Institute but having gone through this twice I don't believe I'll be trying again. HR needs improving.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

The process, from submitting an application to receiving a rejection, took almost five months. I completed two phone interviews, had an in-person interview, and completed two writing tests. Hands down the most intense application process I've ever participated in. When I got my rejection via email, I followed up with a polite request for feedback and received no reply. A few weeks later, I received an automated rejection via email. When I read it, I realized it was the same wording as my previous rejection; the HR person had just copied and pasted from the automated version. Considering how much time and energy I invested in applying, I found this incredibly disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• How would you try to persuade people to consider a new way of doing something?   Answer Question

Programs Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very Friendly interviewers. The interview was quick and fairly informal.
    I applied online and then was called in for an interview. The questions where all basic (why do you want this job, how do you think you will handle the high paced nature, ect)

Interview Questions

• what do you think the hardest part of this position will be for you   Answer Question