Art Institute of Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Special Projects Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I was already a Rover and the interview process was unexpected but seemed very important to my colleagues who had hinted at the offer a couple of weeks. I had already created reports for the hiring team and had good rapport with existing team.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to pursue a career in [fill in the blank].   1 Answer

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

They didn't tell us it was going to be a group interview, which was a little weird, but whatever. Also, one of the people I interviewed with was D/deaf and the interviewers were not expecting that, but they accommodated her as best they could and made sure she was included with the rest of the group.

Interview Questions

• How will you motivate yourself to continue to give excellent customer service every day at the museum?   1 Answer

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

As with most academic institution, the time between submitting my resume and securing an interview took more than 3 months. I met initially with HR before meeting with the Editorial Director. Both were warm and inquisitive, and relatively laid back given AIC's prestigious reputation. Though they chose another candidate, I walked away from the experience feeling gratified by the care and attention spent while speaking with both managers. This was especially important while taking the post-interview editorial test. The ED was very clear and made himself available if I needed further guidance.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

While it took a few weeks to hear back from my initial application, the process was relatively smooth and easy. The department I interviewed for seemed to be more interested in who I was as a person rather than my resume to a certain extent. Also, the interview was very informal but maybe that was because I was interviewing for an intern position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my academic background and current interests/activities in art.
      They also seemed very concerned about what I intended to do after the internship in that there would be an end date and that I would find my time there beneficial to me in the long run.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Interview

I was asked to send them a cover letter, a resume and a written sample. I was interviewed by the head of the department who was a very personal lady. Mostly she just explained about what the role would consist of. She asked me how I would develop models to survey the perception of the art institute

Interview Questions

• How would you survey the perception of the school of the art institute?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

First interview is with HR. Second interview is with the position's supervisor. If they are impressed, you will have a follow-up interview a day or two later with the head of your department.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online did a phone screening about a week later. Was asked to set up an in person interview but never received any confirmation. When the time came and passed for the interview I received a call saying there was miscommunication. We set up another interview and the hr personal noted that if I didn't receive confirmation to give her a call. Never received confirmation after two days so I gave her a call to which she replied "Oh no I hadn't sent it yet but you're confirmed. I'll send it this afternoon." Never received the confirmation and ended up accepting another job while all this was going on. This was not the first time I had an interview experience like this with the School of the Art Institute. I was very excited about the potential for working at the School of the Art Institute but having gone through this twice I don't believe I'll be trying again. HR needs improving.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy questions and answers. I was already working for this employer for another job so it was basically a transition into a new position and they already wanted me so the interview was just a formality really. we discussed the energy and time-commitment the job requires mostly. She has already worked with these students in other classes so it was nice to know that a foundational relationship was already in place

Interview Questions

• What is your level of commitment to this job?   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was easy. I interview with three people before i got offered a job. Each interview was less than 10 minutes. Each person i interviewed with was a different level of management.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Art Institute of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

I saw their job vacancies online, and follow the process on the posts to send resume and cover letter to the contact person. I received their reply within a week. I set up an interview with them, and they just asked me several general questions about my student life at SAIC.

Interview Questions

• Why do be want to work at the International Affairs?   1 Answer