Art Van Furniture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Art Van Furniture Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2018

2.5

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a job fair and set up an interview. The interview was pretty casual and the questions were based on how I handled things in the past.

Graphic Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture.

Interview

I applied for this job because in the qualifications it asked that you had experience with 3D/2D art and also asked that you have four years experience of graphic design (which I did) -- they asked me to come in for an interview. Which after seeing my resume, I assumed they were somewhat interested in me. My interview was at 9:32AM and I was out by 9:34AM. They literally snubbed their noses at me from the moment they saw me. Told me that I had none of the qualifications they were looking for basically and made me feel stupid for applying for the job. It was the biggest waste of time ever. They had my resume. They know what I had done, why call me in for an interview if I did NOT have the qualifications that they were looking for? It made no sense. They were not friendly and calling someone in for a two minute face to face interview where they could have asked these questions over the phone just blew me away. Also said it was absolutely NOT a design job. Well then why did it say you needed four years experience as a graphic designer? Made no SENSE.

Interview Questions

Art Van Furniture Response

Mar 12, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Art Van conducts multiple steps in the interview process for many roles including this one. We take your concern very serious and we will investigate and address accordingly. Thank you for taking... More

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

First you schedule a phone interview, followed by in person interview, then a decision is made and you are notified. Good conversations from both phone and in person interviews. Good structure with the interview process. Interviewers are knowledgeable.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

They are very straight forward, discussed expectations of the position, local company structure, amount of recent growth and expectations for the next couple years. Expect a call with a few preliminary questions and then to meet in person with your local hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Ask to describe responsibilities for specific project at previous employer.   1 Answer

Furniture Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture (Downers Grove, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I met with two individuals that interviewed me on the showroom floor. They asked me tell them a little about myself. They asked me questions about if I was put in different situations how would I react or perform.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a team collaborator?   1 Answer

I decided not to go with job because I was concerned about the commission system that was set up. It seemed it would be very difficult to achieve the income that I desired without putting in long hours. I have a family and I was not willing to sacrifice them inorder to achieve the income.

Jan 4, 2017 – Vice President - HR

Commission is not for everyone. We offer a "draw against commission" program that pays $10.88/hr. draw against an average commission of about 6.5%. Most sales associates earn from $18.00/hr. to... More

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture (Novi, MI).

Interview

I applied for the position on Indeed.com. about a week later I got a call and asked if I could come in for an interview.

When I got to the store I asked a sales associate where I should go to find the Manager and he was very helpful.

I waited about 2 minutes for the Manager to come out and greet me. She had a very pleasant attitude and seemed as though she would be fun to work with.

The actual interview was very easy. It was comfortable in that it didn't feel like someone was attacking you with questions you can't possibly answer in a flattering way.

There was a list of questions that the Manager asked and before I left she offered me the position and I accepted. Later that day I received an email with an application and a form to electronically sign allowing them to do the background check. A few days later I got the form for the drug test.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with customers who are less than satisfied?   Answer Question

Porter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture (Livonia, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Was called a couple days after applying online, asking to come in for an interview. Process was generally relaxed, sat in the store on a sofa and was asked general questions about physical capabilities. Took about 20-30 minutes overall to complete. They let me know right afterwards that I was pretty much hired after passing a drug test if I wanted it.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift 50 pounds?   1 Answer
    • Do you know how to assemble furniture?   1 Answer
    • Do you know how to use a computer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture (Warren, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Relaxed and informal. I met with a manager and sat at a dining table on the showroom floor. We talked about my previous work experience. He asked a few other questions and explained that weekends are required and then told me to expect a phone call within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult work situation and the steps you took to make it better.   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied with resume through web portal. Received a call within the week and scheduled a personal interview a few days later. When I arrived for the interview, I had to fill out a paper application. The GM asked me a couple softball questions, then gave me an hour to accessorize a room display. After this, I found out that they are only offering $10.80 per hour for this position and it's non-negotiable. I wish I had spent my afternoon doing something else.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Jan 4, 2017 – Vice President - HR

Position pay for visual merchandisers is based upon skill and ability. This may have been what the store wanted to offer this candidate for the position, but there are opportunities to make more.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture (Sterling Heights, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by warehouse manager in a conference room. He reviewed my resume and asked questions about my work history and social life. Working well with others and power equipment certification.