Art Van Furniture Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2018

2.5

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture (Warren, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

Thorough and Impressive. First there was a phone screen by the hiring manager and then i was called in for in person interview. I met multiple people in order to get a feel for the job and culture. Quickly moved to an offer that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person with Human Resources Manager, followed by in person interview with Regional Sales Manager, lastly final interview with the V.P. of Sales. This can be shortened, they often try to get the HR manager and Regional Manager together to consolidate the interview process. They found me online and contacted me. Make sure you look the part, dress professionally.

Interview Questions

• Very focused on getting your thought process. Emphasize constantly self improvement   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

They are very straight forward, discussed expectations of the position, local company structure, amount of recent growth and expectations for the next couple years. Expect a call with a few preliminary questions and then to meet in person with your local hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Ask to describe responsibilities for specific project at previous employer.   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture (Warren, MI) in August 2011.

Interview

Brief, no hard questions. The job I wanted was filled and they offered me another position. the manager was very friendly and she gave a good vibe toward the company

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture (Warren, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

I had 3 Interviews total. Phone, Face to face with the Director of Visuals and the Regional VM. I was offered the job at my second interview and my last interview was at my home store where I'd be working on a daily bases. Very informative about the company and the brand of Art Van lots of information about Visual standards and expectations of the role.

Interview Questions

• What are some different styles of Designing methods and how do they relate to different clientele.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did negotiate and It went well.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied with resume through web portal. Received a call within the week and scheduled a personal interview a few days later. When I arrived for the interview, I had to fill out a paper application. The GM asked me a couple softball questions, then gave me an hour to accessorize a room display. After this, I found out that they are only offering $10.80 per hour for this position and it's non-negotiable. I wish I had spent my afternoon doing something else.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Art Van Furniture Response

Jan 4, 2017 – Vice President - HR

Position pay for visual merchandisers is based upon skill and ability. This may have been what the store wanted to offer this candidate for the position, but there are opportunities to make more.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture (Warren, MI).

Interview

Casual and friendly with behavioral questions. Not much pressure, with relaxed setting and genuine interest while maintaining the atmosphere of a typical interview. Wasn't bad at all and decent in length.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a job fair and set up an interview. The interview was pretty casual and the questions were based on how I handled things in the past.

Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture.

Interview

The interview was very professional, welcoming and enlightening. I did not find any or the interviewer's questions difficult. The entire interview process lasted about 45 minutes to an hour with many of the questions referring to my experience and knowledge within the industry and my past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to Art Van Furniture?   1 Answer

Furniture Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Art Van Furniture (Downers Grove, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I met with two individuals that interviewed me on the showroom floor. They asked me tell them a little about myself. They asked me questions about if I was put in different situations how would I react or perform.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a team collaborator?   1 Answer

I decided not to go with job because I was concerned about the commission system that was set up. It seemed it would be very difficult to achieve the income that I desired without putting in long hours. I have a family and I was not willing to sacrifice them inorder to achieve the income.

Art Van Furniture Response

Jan 4, 2017 – Vice President - HR

Commission is not for everyone. We offer a "draw against commission" program that pays $10.88/hr. draw against an average commission of about 6.5%. Most sales associates earn from $18.00/hr. to... More