Artech Information Systems Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Artech Information Systems Project Manager Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Artech Information Systems (Oakland, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Artech found me from one of those mass emails sent out. I interviewed and did not hear back - I kept checking in. After many weeks heard back for a second interview and received an offer. I was working with 2 recruiters - one local West coast, one on East coast or mid west. I received a job offer from another company at the same time. I needed a few days to gather info to really compare the two offers and make a choice. I asked if Artech could increase the pay - I was told no. I discussed with them that I would not need health care benefits and could they raise my rate for that - which many of the other agencies do. The answer was no - that they pay for my healthcare whether I use it or not. This made no sense to me. I asked to talk to the person who would be my direct supervisor - since I had met with her once 6 weeks ago. They were not able to make that happen quickly - forwarded the response from her which had a blunt, negative tone that really turned me off. I decided to take the other job even though it was a much longer commute and not in the industry I want to be in - although on the good side it pays a lot more. The East coast recruiter actually called me and started yelling at me for not taking the job. He said I had "backed out" - how could I back out of a job that I never accepted? I kept asking him what he wanted out of this call - silence and then back to berating me. I was about to hang up when his manager got on the line and kind of apologized for him.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Artech Information Systems

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Artech Information Systems (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I got a call from Artcech and they said they found my resume online and thought I would be good for a job at X as a contractor position. I agreed and so I was emailed a resume for me to bring to the interview at job X. I noticed that artech GREATLY improved my resume. It was very put together. I never actually had an interview with Artech as I would be a contractor. After the interview Artech called the next day and said that Company X liked me. I had to return some paperwork (email) and then I was given an interview. I had an unboarding process but I have never met anyone from Artech face to face

Negotiation

I didnt really have one. I was shocked actually by the amount of money I was offered so I accepted right away

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Artech Information Systems (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Note: Aug 2011 was the 2nd (and last) time that I've dealt with Artech; the first time was back in 2009. I was contacted by an Artech recruiter who obtained my resume from one of the job boards. Job arrangement was as an Artech contractor (W2) for a Fortune 100 client in the DFW area doing international IT project management.

Summarizing the interview AND Artech as a company, since this was the 2nd time I've dealt with their offshored recruiters: the company is a complete joke and talking to them is a MASSIVE WASTE of your time!

Their offshored rent-a-recruiter sounded like she was trapped inside a tin can somewhere in Bangalore, which really made ALL attempts at communication difficult... bordering on total frustration. In my personal experience (again, dealing with Artech for a 2nd time), the interview process was marred by poor phone connections, completely incomprehensible accents, and an appalling dearth of knowledge about the basics regarding the position at hand.

Worse yet, the recruiter wasted over 2 hours of my time by ignoring their client's REQUIREMENT to locate a candidate with a certain type of experience (which I had) within the last 2 years (which I did NOT have). This was almost a carbon copy version of a similar experience I had interacting with an Artech recruiter back in 2009. In short, you can waste your time messing with Artech but life is too short. You have been warned.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. The only "difficult" thing was (1) hearing the recruiter due to the poor phone connection that was probably rerouted from Calcutta; (2) understanding the thick accent; (3) trying to fight through all of that just to figure out what follow up action items the recruiter wanted from me.   1 Answer