Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview

First interview was over the phone and took about 30 minutes. Second interview, for me, was via Skype because I was applying to a position out of state. Talked with about five different interviewers in that second interviews. Very laid back.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Arthur J. Gallagher?   2 Answers

RMIS Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Rolling Meadows, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The process took about a week and a half. I was contacted by an HR recruiter and had a phone screening. He had found my information on LinkedIn. I then had a 30-40 minute phone interview with a VP and his colleague. A few days later I had an in-person interview with the same people, which lasted for approximately 2 hours. I received an offer that same afternoon but ultimately declined it in favor of an offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a client who wanted a change to their reports immediately but it was out of scope.   Answer Question

I received an offer elsewhere and decided that the culture would be a better fit for me there. It was still a very positive interview experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL).

Interview

Had a phone screen to start with and was called in for in person interview.

People who interviewed were professional and cordial and interview was good experience.

The getting back part after the interview was not up to the standard, as I was informed after 2 weeks that they are freezing the current position and will get back to me once it gets opened up in December/January and I haven't heard back anything yet.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through my university recruiting website and asked if I would be available for an interview. it was scheduled within 3 days of the initial contact. The interview itself was very relaxed, no real structure, mostly just assessing personality and interest.

Talent Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Saint Peters, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a phone screen and a face to face. From the candidate experience side, they lack communication and they take way to long to set up interviews. Please send your candidates an email from the applicant tracking system to inform them of their status at least.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical behavioral based interview questions   1 Answer

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL).

Interview

Because I was referred by an employee, I did not go through an extensive interview process. I simply spoke to someone over the phone. Then I had to submit to a background check.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions.
      (Focus on current goals and academic achievements)
      Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

After I was referred to this position, HR reached out and we set up a phone screen. At our scheduled time, I never received the phone call. I waited 30 minutes and then called and emailed, and we ended up scheduling a new time for the next day. HR was pleasant to speak with and was able to provide more details on the company and the position. Questions were basic experience questions, nothing unexpected.

After 3 MONTHS I received an email from HR saying that the compensation level was below my salary requirements, but to let them know if I was willing to take a lower salary. Had they not been unorganized, I might have been willing to discuss the salary, but I declined.

Sales Interview

Interview

Basic interview questions trying to see if you will be a good fit with the company. My interview was with two people. They are really trying to see how interested you are in the company and position.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Very casual. Two person interview. Was told what the responsibilities of the position are, the hours anticipated and benefits that were available. Discussion of client and expectations. Advised of stock purchase program and PTO.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall specific questions. Discussed experience.   Answer Question

Workers Compensation Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Be prepared to be interviewed by at least 2 Supervisors and a manager. The interview process is at least 1.5 hours long. The panel throws a lot of questions at you.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest and weakest strengths? Why do you want to work with GB?   Answer Question