Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 7, 2017

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview earlier than scheduled . General questions asked, more open ended. More questions as to how you liked or disliked your previous jobs. I felt as though I would not be considered from the beginning. It is what it is.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online then had a phone call with the recruiter who set up a face to face interview. Interview was with 3 managers. They only asked me two questions and didn't seem to take the interview seriously. Made it seem like I had the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co..

Interview

First interview was over the phone and took about 30 minutes. Second interview, for me, was via Skype because I was applying to a position out of state. Talked with about five different interviewers in that second interviews. Very laid back.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Arthur J. Gallagher?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL).

Interview

Had a phone screen to start with and was called in for in person interview.

People who interviewed were professional and cordial and interview was good experience.

The getting back part after the interview was not up to the standard, as I was informed after 2 weeks that they are freezing the current position and will get back to me once it gets opened up in December/January and I haven't heard back anything yet.

Talent Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Saint Peters, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

There was a phone screen and a face to face. From the candidate experience side, they lack communication and they take way to long to set up interviews. Please send your candidates an email from the applicant tracking system to inform them of their status at least.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical behavioral based interview questions   1 Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

After I was referred to this position, HR reached out and we set up a phone screen. At our scheduled time, I never received the phone call. I waited 30 minutes and then called and emailed, and we ended up scheduling a new time for the next day. HR was pleasant to speak with and was able to provide more details on the company and the position. Questions were basic experience questions, nothing unexpected.

After 3 MONTHS I received an email from HR saying that the compensation level was below my salary requirements, but to let them know if I was willing to take a lower salary. Had they not been unorganized, I might have been willing to discuss the salary, but I declined.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Was offered a phone interview within a week submitting the application Spoke with someone from HR over the phone. They were super professional and went straight to the point asking about your background and skills.They also asked what I knew about the company, so please make sure you do your research! Took them 3 weeks to sent out the rejection.

Workers' Compensation Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Telephonic interview. Clear and practical questions were asked. Level of experience acknowledged. Professional but friendly. When it was realized that I was overqualified for the position, they offered to keep my resume on an active file as well as to contact other departments to determine if there was a position available that might better suit me.

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poulsbo, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Poulsbo, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Process was quick and easy. Everyone was very pleasant and made me feel very comfortable. I really wish I'd have been offered the job. When I graduate from school I will re-apply.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I was invited to speak with two people to consider my qualifications. When I arrived, nobody came to greet me. After I asked to have them called to the front, only one of them appeared. I was interviewed by a member of the staff, asked to take a test and advised that I would have an email sent to me so that I could then allow them to evaluate my email skills. I never heard anything further.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about health care benefits.   1 Answer