Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL).

Interview

Had a phone screen to start with and was called in for in person interview.

People who interviewed were professional and cordial and interview was good experience.

The getting back part after the interview was not up to the standard, as I was informed after 2 weeks that they are freezing the current position and will get back to me once it gets opened up in December/January and I haven't heard back anything yet.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted through my university recruiting website and asked if I would be available for an interview. it was scheduled within 3 days of the initial contact. The interview itself was very relaxed, no real structure, mostly just assessing personality and interest.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL).

Interview

Because I was referred by an employee, I did not go through an extensive interview process. I simply spoke to someone over the phone. Then I had to submit to a background check.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions.
      (Focus on current goals and academic achievements)
      Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Basic interview questions trying to see if you will be a good fit with the company. My interview was with two people. They are really trying to see how interested you are in the company and position.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Very casual. Two person interview. Was told what the responsibilities of the position are, the hours anticipated and benefits that were available. Discussion of client and expectations. Advised of stock purchase program and PTO.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall specific questions. Discussed experience.   Answer Question

Workers Compensation Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Be prepared to be interviewed by at least 2 Supervisors and a manager. The interview process is at least 1.5 hours long. The panel throws a lot of questions at you.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest and weakest strengths? Why do you want to work with GB?   Answer Question

Insurance Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Tampa, FL).

Interview

It took a while, but enjoy working for the company. Very seamless, was able to be honest and was comfortable. There was no room for negitionation for salary.

Interview Questions

• How do I plan on building a profitable book of business   2 Answers

Resolution Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Downers Grove, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I had to go through interviews with three different branches, FIVE interviews altogether. That was a little excessive and frustrating. It also took me five months to get a job offer. A little ridiculous. However the supervisors were very welcoming and nice.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I could tell them what I know about claims and insurance.   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

HR Interview was good.
    Hiring manager did not ask me on leadership related question about a manager role, ever wonder how bad managers get hired, this is how. Good accountant do not translate to good accounting managers always, good programmers are not always good leaders.

Workers' Compensation Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Telephonic interview. Clear and practical questions were asked. Level of experience acknowledged. Professional but friendly. When it was realized that I was overqualified for the position, they offered to keep my resume on an active file as well as to contact other departments to determine if there was a position available that might better suit me.

Interview Questions

• What is the least thing you liked about your last job?   Answer Question