Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Interview Questions in Itasca, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL).

Interview

I worked through a recruiter. Started with an initial phone screen. Moved through to an in-person interview series. The first interview was a surprise group interview (just 2 people, but hadn't been communicated to me that way). Directly after was another interview with a higher up - rolled in telling me about who doesn't "make it" at Gallagher.
    After the first in-person interview, I was asked to do "homework" - putting together a marketing campaign. After I submitted my homework, I had one more in-person interview with a different team member. Then another follow-up call (or two).

Interview Questions

• Walk us through a campaign you planned and the results you were able to deliver.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL).

Interview

Had a phone screen to start with and was called in for in person interview.

People who interviewed were professional and cordial and interview was good experience.

The getting back part after the interview was not up to the standard, as I was informed after 2 weeks that they are freezing the current position and will get back to me once it gets opened up in December/January and I haven't heard back anything yet.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

3, 25-30 min rounds of interviews with two employee's at a time. The structure was very conversational and relaxing. I was able to see the personalities of the employee's interviewing me and they spoke about their jobs within the company and what made Gallagher so great.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL).

Interview

Because I was referred by an employee, I did not go through an extensive interview process. I simply spoke to someone over the phone. Then I had to submit to a background check.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions.
      (Focus on current goals and academic achievements)   Answer Question

CRM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

After a phone interview with an AJG recruiter and another with a member of the IT department, I was brought in for 4 additional interviews with several other IT staff members. I appreciated that they were flexible with time/date and that they scheduled all 4 in-person interviews back-to-back. They did ask some standard IT questions related to the system I'd be using as well as your standard boiler plate interview questions. Everybody was easy to talk with and there was a good balance of questions going back and forth. They were very up-front about the career path opportunities, making me believe that they develop their employees, not just train for "a job" that needs to be filled now. The overall experience was great and they made me feel welcome.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions specific to the CRM system they use along with feedback about the system, it's capabilities, and thoughts about future releases.   1 Answer

NOC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

First was phone screening done by a supervisor who asked about previous job experience and basic technical knowledge. Then a face to face interview was scheduled. The supervisor who was supposed to go through the technical stuff was on leave so the manager asked some basic questions and discussed salary and shift. A tour of the NOC was given. Was told to wait to meet the director but that didn't happen. After a week, they notified that they were now a hiring freeze.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Pleasant. Everyone I met was nice. They spoke highly of the company and they clearly communicated they enjoyed what they did. Provided a lot of insight into the position which is what i was looking for. All my questions were answered and I did not feel like i was rushed. Follow up after that point did take awhile.

Interview Questions

• Describe my previous experience in relation to the position.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Was asked a series of questions based on my experiences. Most questions were based of the ability to provide good customer service. The interview was a group interview which 3 managers which was a bit intimidating, however they were kind and they didnt ask me awkward questions.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

2 on 1 with the supervisors and 1 on 1 with the general manager. Pretty basic interview questions of why I want to work here and what I expect to get out of my experience. Got a call back in one week offering me the position. Pretty easy and laid back approach.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (Itasca, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The process was very simple and easy. I met them at a recruiting fair in the fall. We set up a campus interview for the following week. Then after that they got back to me and set up an interview at the headquarters in Itasca. That interview was rather hard because it was three hours long with 4 different sets of people. The best advice I could give is to speak intelligently and from the heart. Ask good follow up questions as well, but that can be said about any interview. The overall process was systematic and timely.

Interview Questions

• A lot of them just want to know what youre like and how you would fit in at the company. They asked a couple of specific sales questions such as "Sell me this water bottle"   1 Answer