Aruba Networks Marketing Communications Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Marketing Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aruba Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted the next day by the in-house recruiter to schedule a phone screen/interview. The interview was scheduled for a few days later. At the agreed-upon time, I waited for the call. So, 15 minutes late, the interviewer called me to say he forgot the interview, and could I be available a couple hours later in the afternoon? I agreed, though it was a challenge with my current work schedule due to meetings I had to rearrange. But I know Aruba and felt the opportunity was worth some shuttling.

So he calls me at the second interview time; and the first words out of his mouth are asking me if I had any questions for him. This kind of surprised me, as he had provided no information about the position, and didn't ask me any questions prior to that. I asked him if he wanted to discuss strategic, company questions, just HR questions, or just questions about the role itself or the team. He didn't provide a suitable answer. I didn't get a sense for how long this portion of the phone screen would take either. So I threw a few questions his way. Most of them were met with an antagonistic attitude. And he also could not answer most of the questions. Finally, he admitted to only having been with the company for a few months.

When he did ask me questions, they were so simplistic, and it sounded as if he was reading an "Interviewing for Dummies" script. Plus, all of the questions could have been answered by looking at my online application.

I know, with my strong Marcom and wireless industry background, that I would have been a solid fit for the role; but I was never contacted for a second-round interview. In fact, another sign of a lack of professionalism by the recruiter was when I asked when I would hear back from the Company, i.e. the next step; and he promised I would hear back the following week. Well, the following week, I did not hear back. So I emailed him directly, asking for an update. And of course, he never replied back. Lame. Aruba's loss. It's unfortunate that this recruiter is so poorly representing the Company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer