Arup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arup Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.9

Entry Level Lighting Designer Interview

Interview

Was asked 5 questions by an HR in the first out of many rounds of interview. Was allowed to ask my own questions about Arup after the interview proceedings were over. Entire process should not exceed 30 minutes. Tone was kind of informal. Interviewer was patient but kept her responses very short

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Location Preference
      3. Tell me about "....." Project (from Resume)
      4. Tell me a little bit about your thesis or internship experience
      5. Where do you see yourself in Arup? What kind of work would you be interested in?
      Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arup (Cambridge, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Invited to be a part of the Arup Immersion event which consisted of 3 30 minute presentations (electrical, mechanical, and Arup in Boston overview) and a 30 minute interview with the electrical department head. A group of about 15-20 other undergrads of various engineering disciplines and universities were present. Spoke with 2 mid level engineers at Arup and the principal engineer as well. Very friendly environment overall.

Graduate Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arup (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, next phone interview with staff engineer, and then final interview with 4 engineers (including principle). final interview you have to make a presentation and briefly answer som e "quiz" questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked about items listed on your resume. You are asked to elaborate on related experience.   Answer Question

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was enjoyable. Very engaged interviewees and only 2 people to interview with, after my boss. My boss was already familiar with me, and the additional interviews were a formality

Graduate Bridge Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Arup (Boulder, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Met them at the career fair and hit it off right away. I thought the interview went well. Pretty basic questions for the most part. Asked me to explain why I wanted the job and why I felt like I was qualified. They were interested in my time over seas the most I felt like.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience over seas and how that helped you   Answer Question

Graduate Facade Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arup (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Came to my university career fair. Got a call that night and interviewed on campus the next day. Very friendly and engaged interviewers (one from HR one was an engineer). Basic behavioral questions to see motivation/passion/diligence ect.) Got a phone call 3 weeks later fora phone interview

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arup (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview started off interesting. I was told to wait while they prepared the interviewing room, which took close to half an hour. Once the interview began, the primary interviewer (who I will not name) did all of the introductions.

It was a three person panel interview yet only one talked and it seemed the other two did not even want to be in the picture. They did nothing but cover their faces and behave rather unprofessionally. I felt immediately dismissed as soon as the interview began and I should have walked out then.

I didn't.

They asked me questions regarding my technical background, and schooling. I have been graduated from my university for about 2 years now and they were attempting to focus on the interview as if it were for an entry level graduate engineer position. I found this to be very strange, because at the end of the interview (which took about 10 minutes of their questions and then 15 minutes of mine), I had asked what would be the expectations of my position with regards to my skills and experience. The reply was not much of a reply, more so a statement that they wanted someone with at minimum 4 years of experience.

They had access to my resume with it clearly stating my years of experience and yet they had, yet they elected to give me an interview and waste my time.

Additionally, they asked me about my internship experience and why I was still not working there. I don't know any internship that will allow someone to work there for longer than 8 months, yet it felt as if they were trying to find some flaw to end the interview and give me a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my internship?   1 Answer

Legal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arup (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The first interview was in person at the office in Playa Vista. I met with the Associate General Counsel and we spoke for about 20 minutes about my resume, the company, the position, and my ambitions. I then had to fill out an application online. The second interview was a phone interview with other attorneys from the New York office. It lasted about 20 minutes as well.Then, the waiting game. After about a week and a half, I heard back from the Associate General Counsel in the LA office, and she offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• "What is your favorite class in law school, thus far?"
      Asked questions specific to my resume, including past experience, my activities with law school clubs and organizations of which I am a member, etc.
      "Why do you want to work here?"
      "Where do you want to take your legal career?"
      One of the attorneys was French and spoke to me in French (presumptively to check if my claim of French fluency was true).
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arup.

Interview

Basic phone interview, with personable interviewer. Asked questions about past experiences, and interest in the field. The job was described along with the past projects, and office structure. There were several other candidates interviewing. Application was submitted online, and was contacted for a phone interview several months later. After phone interview, heard back within 2 weeks.

HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arup (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Lots of great questions were asked. Great conversation about the company and expectations. Very honest feeling. Overall, very nice interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in human resources.   1 Answer