Arup Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY).

Interview

I received an email to schedule a phone interview with two managers. During the interview, they did the usual: going over my resume, why I think I would be a good fit, why I want to work at Arup/this specific industry vs others, etc. Afterwards I received an email to go to their NYC offices for an in person interview and a presentation with the same two managers. The presentation was first and the ask you to present a previous project you did for school or work (hopefully something related to Arup and their industry). Next comes the interview: Nothing too technical, just a lot of behavioral stuff and again just going over your resume.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'll be a good fit at Arup?   1 Answer

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was enjoyable. Very engaged interviewees and only 2 people to interview with, after my boss. My boss was already familiar with me, and the additional interviews were a formality

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The process was two parts:
    1) a phone interview with three other people, all senior engineers or higher.
    2) In office presentation of previous project followed by short interview

Interview was relatively easy, just the typical interview questions that are more about you than anything technical. I was only asked one technical question the entire process about different types of fluid flow.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to work for Arup?
      - What is your favorite project Arup has done?
      - Tell us about a time where you had trouble with a teammate on a project and how did you overcome it?
      - What's the difference between laminar and turbulent flow?   Answer Question

Geotechnical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

After a phone screening, I was invited for an in-person interview with a senior engineer and an HR representative. We discussed my background and career objectives, as well as some academic projects I worked on. Some questions were very technical, thus I had to demonstrate both knowledge and analytical capabilities within a limited time frame.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three qualities that make you a strong candidate for this position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I met recruiter at career fair of my university, then a few months later they e-mailed me saying they had a spot open for summer internship and asked me if I was interested. I scheduled an interview at their office, there were 3 people, 1 hr and two senior engineers. Got the offer the next day over the phone!

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Only had one interview, and it was with 3 people (1 HR and 2 EEs). I had a great time, wasn't too intimidating, so I was able to keep my nerves under control.

Negotiation

As an intern you don't really negotiate. Have couple weeks to accept/decline the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview includes technical and general questions about the applicant's research and/or working background.

Interview Questions

• Estimation of the average pressure on the foundation of a 12 storey building.   Answer Question

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

My interview consisted of a brief phone call. I spoke with one of the senior engineers for about 30 minutes and that was it. I was living in California at the time, so instead of making me visit the office in person, they just held the interview over the phone.

Interview Questions

• The interview mainly consisted of the interviewer going through my resume and asking me questions about the things listed on it. I was asked about the classes I am taking and my proficiencies in the various subjects.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with leader of the group and one of the members of the group I would be working with. They asked me typical interview questions of why I chose to study engineering, why I wanted to work there, etc.

There was nothing technical. The most technical questions they asked were if I was familiar with certain types of software.

The whole interview took maybe about an hour. The people and work culture seemed relatively young - a lot of people under 30.

Interview Questions

• What type of software relating to your field are you faimilar with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate (I did ask). All engineering interns are offered the same exact pay.

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arup (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Submitted my application through our online campus recruiting system. 30 minute technical test followed by interview with engineer and HR rep. ME test was to calculate the cooling load of a small structure.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe this project to a non-technical person/audience?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with sustainable design?   Answer Question