Ascend Performance Materials Process Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ascend Performance Materials Process Operator Interview Questions

Interviews at Ascend Performance Materials

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alvin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials (Alvin, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview was laid back, dove right into the questions. I was interviewed in front of about 15 shift leads and a few HR members. They were hiring about 15 employees and interviewed roughly 50-60. There was a total of 200 people testing and of those 200 only 70 passed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when personal safety equipment prevent an injury either on or off the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ascend Performance Materials

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chocolate Bayou, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ascend Performance Materials (Chocolate Bayou, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

They perform an ACT test and if you pass they interview you. It's a panel interview. The best example I can give is to Google the S.T.A.R. interview process. They were really friendly and made me feel comfortable during both interviews. There is a lot of paperwork that has to be submitted for the background check which is understandable but you want to respond to all emails as quickly as possible. I enjoyed the process. During my medical clearance testing I was able to meet people from all over the plant and everyone was friendly and seemed to really enjoy their jobs and the pay and benefits.

Interview Questions

• When you are going up for a job like this you have to be ready for it all. I just received my A.A.S degree in Process tech and have no experience. They were able to ask questions about my current job to get the info they needed. As stated before, they made me super comfortable and I enjoyed the process. Most of the questions had to do with finding out if you can self-manage and how well you work in a high stress environment as well as how you work with others, especially negative co-workers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The starting pay was better than any other offers I had been given or that fellow classmates and friends were offered. I accepted without negotiation. This is a tough job market and it's hard with no real working experience in this industry to find work in Houston. When you see employees in the working environment that do not know that you are new and they talk about this company like it's the best in the world, you take that as a good sign. I am excited to get the opportunity to work for this company.