Ascension St. Mary's and Ascension Standish Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ascension St. Mary's and Ascension Standish

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ascension St. Mary's and Ascension Standish

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ascension St. Mary's and Ascension Standish (Saginaw, MI) in December 2008.

Interview

I applied online via the St. Mary's website and was able to post both my cover letter and resume to the application site. After applying to several different floors I was called in to interview. Human resources set up the interviews on the same day which was nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't try and negotiate

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ascension St. Mary's and Ascension Standish (Saginaw, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was informal and rather easy. It wasn't difficult and the questions weren't to pressing. It seemed to be based on character than qualifications. Furthermore, the managers are all different, so it is a mixed bag.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation in your healthcare experience. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Food Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ascension St. Mary's and Ascension Standish (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

Took two months of testing. and because I an managment employee allowed me to use them on my esume I was basicly told I wold not get the job. Vey dissapointed was looking fowad to the position.

Interview Questions

• How did I feel the wok and life experiences I had qualified me fo the position?   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ascension St. Mary's and Ascension Standish in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online, human resources called me a couple weeks later for an interview. I had one interview with a director and the department coordinator, it was a pretty normal interview. Human resources called me about two weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, why do you want to work for St. Mary's..etc. Pretty normal interview questions I would say.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ascension St. Mary's and Ascension Standish in May 2009.

Interview

The day of the phone interviews went fine as I talked to three different sets of people back to back. I was interviewing by phone because I was from out of state. I ended up having to pay for myself to make the trip up to see the hospital, which ended up being just a "quick" tour of the hospital lasting only 45 minutes. It was not up to the par I would have expected for the professional position for which I was applying. I felt that overall, the interview process was unorganized and took a long time. Once they offered the position, they were suddenly in a rush for me to make a decision after they spent such a long time keeping me waiting.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about very specific situations that the hospital was currently dealing with that were not at all related to my resume and the interviewer didn't belive my answer when I said that the clinical situation she described didn't have any literature to support it. Very difficult to answer/debate when the interviewer doesn't believe published literature or your experience at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to get anything extra during negotiation and felt as though the HR person may not have even tried to obtain them.