Ascentis Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ascentis (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

My experience was very similar to the candidate from 6/24/16 with the process being 60+ days in all. I was interviewed by phone on 3 separate calls, 2 of which were by management which went very well according to feedback that I received. I was eventually flown across the country for 1 night for a 2 hour on-site interview with various mangers/c-level ee's as well as the CEO. Again, the feedback I received was positive. A week or so went by and I received an urgent request to share my references as they wanted to go ahead and make contact asap. I was told that the CEO wanted to check references prior to making any offers. My references were contacted and 2 of them stated later that they felt like they were the ones being interviewed and that the call seemed like more of an interrogation and could possibly be on the verge of an HR violation, crossing into personal questions. The 3rd reference informed me that Ascentis scheduled a call and they didn't even show up to the call. She was contacted again to reschedule and once again they didn't bother to contact her so she sent a reference letter by email. I wasn't contacted at all after my references were checked for an update however I gave it approx 2 weeks before I initiated contact again by email to check on next steps. I received a voicemail the next day (Friday evening) acknowledging my email with no details just to call on the following Monday if I would like to? I called after the weekend to find out where we were in this process as I needed to make some quick decisions about other offers that were being presented to me though I was still very interested after investing so much time/travel etc. though I felt as though they were being rude as a month had passed since the on-site interviews. I was told that my references were excellent, etc. and everything else checked out perfectly. BUT.......unfortunately given the fact that I didn't have HCM experience, I wouldn't be getting an offer. Followed by, "whoever gets you is going to be extremely lucky to have you", etc. I have to seriously question a company that schedules you for multiple phone interviews, goes to all the trouble to fly you across the country to interview you on-site and then gets you to the point of sharing your references that are highly guarded only to tell you that you don't have the experience?? Wouldn't they have vetted all of this out from my resume/numerous phone interviews before getting to the point of contacting references? Ascentis is seriously lacking in professional courtesy, as others have also stated. I felt like I had to hunt them down to find out what was going on as I didn't even receive a letter, etc. I asked why no one bothered to call or email me and tell me that I didn't get the job and I get the "well, I just found out". It appears that the C-level employees are involved in every potential hire and that should have been a huge red flag to possibly being in a micro-managed role not to mention that the management actually has no power to make a hire for their departments. This was 60+ days I'll never get back!

Interview Questions

• What would each past employer say about you?
      Lots of questions about current comp plan
      Ability to work on a team vs. independently
      How do you prospect for leads?
      Why are you looking to leave current company?   Answer Question