Ashford University Admissions Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ashford University Admissions Counselor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Interview

Say they're impressed if you've worked in social service, mental health or teaching. Then interview you only about serious sales experience. Especially commissioned, favored if you can prove persuasion, up-selling, and getting clients to bring you friends and relatives in the context if patting themselves (and you) on the back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ashford University

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ashford University (New York, NY).

Interview

phone interview plus two in person interviews. Very easy interviews but slightly unprofessional. The interview process was very casual and they hardly asked any questions. In and out in 15 minutes. Offered job on the spot but had to wait for official offer. Interview was on Thursday and started the following Monday which included two weeks of training before you are let out onto the sales floor

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a student who changed their mind about pursuing their education?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA).

Interview

a few interviews. Behavioral based. They want to see that you sell. Overall experience was good, sometimes takes a while to get through process. They have different start dates so don't let them trick you to starting sooner than you want.

Interview Questions

• Behavorial based questions... what did you do in your last job or what was the hardest part... etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes... you can try and negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Easy, Straight Forward, They want to see how positive you are and if you can carry a conversation.

There is a also a role play where they want you to talk someone into going to school. HINT: Use open ended questions, build rapport, ask why they requested information and what assistance they need from you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation and it is based off your level of education

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Very fast, he asked me 5 or 6 basic questions and that was it. I've heard the interview process is now my in-depth. I think I hit the key notes of build string relationships with prior customers.

Interview Questions

• What's my experience with rejection on the phones.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Phone then one on one interview. Easy interview simple questions about how you would answer the phone calls. Sales calls and how they require some experience with sales. It's a call center environment and also included a month long training and required to pass training before hitting floor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

At first everything was moving along quickly. Applied and the next morning (wednesday) received an email from my recruiter scheduling a phone interview. Scheduled the phone interview for the next day (thursday) and had an in person interview that next day (friday).
    Interview went well a couple questions threw me off because they were worded really weirdly and then at the end has an awkward role play. The only disadvantage about the role play is that no one interviewing is trained to know how they want us to carry out the convo. All I was told was to start talking..
    Following the interview my interviewer said I would hear back from my recruiter within 24-48. My interview was on a friday so I figured I would give it till tuesday that next week. Now an entire week later still-- NOTHING. I wouldn't have a problem with waiting, but the fact that I was told something and still haven't heard back at all is really unprofessional. I even emailed my recruiter with a question and have yet to hear a response.
    Haven't been offered or defined yet so the wait continues...

Interview Questions

• how would you sell something to someone after they rejected it already?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ashford University (Denver, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Simple process; first contacted by phone through a talent acquisition manager then they will instruct you further and schedule your interview, you must have four former managers and or co-works fill out a skills survey and submit it once completed you are ready for your interview. The interview process is with one or two admission managers who will ask you to role play once or twice a typical phone call, you as the counselor them as the student. Once finished they will tell you what you did good and what you could have done better. From there the interview is straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to Ashford University?   Answer Question
    • Recall a time when you dealt with an angry customer, coworker, manager and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What stresses you out?   Answer Question
    • How do you take to rejection and being told no over and over?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Interview

Role play scenario. It took approximately thirty minutes. Interviewer was on his/her phone a lot. Did not seem like anyone there cared about student success at all. Reminded me of wolf of wallstreet. I would not recommend this place to anyone with morals.

The company basically takes advantage of a very specific disenfranchised socioeconomic demographic and exploit them. Ruining the US economy and placing the students in debt.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ashford University (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone call, in person, offer. They are pretty desperate to hire anyone as enrollment is shifting downward and outlook is negative. I had a sales background so they countered me when I refused their first offer.